Trump removes rules - allows organizations that refuse to help LGBT to receive millions in grants now.

Guest hungandmean

2 hours ago, evilqueerpig said:

The US is NOT a christian nation, nor is it a theocracy.  Why should the Religious Right get special treatment?  As a QUEER man, I certainly wouldn't go to their organizations for needed services.

This is not Church money. This is HHS money, your tax money (or some more worthless paper printed by your Government). They now give it to homophobic organizations to dole it out as they see fit. This is wrong on every level including taxation without representation. But legally the only things you cannot discriminate against are spelled out by law, and currently we are not included in their club. The correct fight would be to make Congress pass the law they have been sitting on for years. 

Edited by Pozlover1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hungandmean said:

Any thoughts on this, since there appears to be lots of Trump supporters here.

As of today - without any warning - HHS can give grants out (they give billions a year) to organizations that discriminate against LGBT people. Previously grants could only go towards organizations that agreed they would help the gays. This affects housing, welfare, emergency funds, adoptions, HIV/AIDs medication, and all kinds of other shit. 

I could open a food bank tomorrow called, "ILL FEED YOU UNLESS YOU'RE A FAGGOT," and be eligible for a multi million dollar grant... where as yesterday I couldn't.

I haven't read any of the "45" posts here, BUT I cant fathom anyone here with a right mind supporting that asshat!  

1 hour ago, tighthole64 said:

I haven't read any of the "45" posts here, BUT I cant fathom anyone here with a right mind supporting that asshat!  

I could say that this is from a lawsuit and not some sort of Executive Order and I’d be technically correct.

But said asshat DID promise this at a Religious Right convention. I think he knew then that the lawsuit would win. We are NOT included in the Civil Rights Act and Obama overreached the law when he included us in HHS policy. 

Trump was mentored by Roy Cohn, the king of shifting blame for throwing fights. 

We should go all out to demand Congress include us in the Civil Rights Act. 

Oh and just because I refuse to support the One World PC fascists in the Democratic Party that want to make the USA a third world shithole, does not mean I support  Donald Trump in lockstep. I consider him the least bad choice. I live in a State where people have actual skills, and are not snowflakes. We will not miss the Federal Government too much when (not if) it collapses like every other conceited and bloated Empire has throughout history. 

Guest hungandmean
On 11/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, bearcubboy said:

I am so happy that we did NOT elect Trump Lite here in Canada. Then again our whole election was  just a complete shit show to begin with.

But as a nation we were so terrified of the man in a turban we elected a dude (Justin) who cares more about being rich than anything else.

Sure i'm glad Scheer didn't win. That's a victory in a way... but nothing about our country will change with someone like Justin in charge and i'd think most Canadians would agree that this country fucking sucks and it isn't the immigrants, or poor peoples fault. 

For fucks sake our most famous member of the Dragons Den / Shark Tanks billionaire wife just got allegedly drunk and high and killed two people and she's likely to see no repercussions for it while most of us struggle to make ends meat(meet?)....