What would you do in this twisted situation?

JaYa

A food critic comes to you with a twisted fantasy he wants to make reality. He wants to have his sense of taste permanently destroyed. The idea of being so completely dehumanized turns him on. He offers you $10,000+ if you make his fantasy come true. You have the tools to make it happen.

Do you do it? Why or why not?

Guest takingdeepanal
50 minutes ago, JaYa said:

A food critic comes to you with a twisted fantasy he wants to make reality. He wants to have his sense of taste permanently destroyed. The idea of being so completely dehumanized turns him on. He offers you $10,000+ if you make his fantasy come true. You have the tools to make it happen.

Do you do it? Why or why not?

Yep. Easy money - and I hate food critics.

Having worked in the food industry for many years, I can tell you that food critics have very little sense of taste to begin with. What they do have is an over-inflated sense of self-importance. It wouldn't take much to strip away the facade. Upsetting his sense of self and disrupting his frame of reference would leave him unstable and unsure of his opinion. It would expose him as a charlatan and force him into a life of depravity as he fades into obscurity. 

You could also dice up every review he's ever written and make him literally eat his words. I'm sure that would also show how tasteless his opinions are. 😝

• Haha 1

Here's what I would do:  

Tie him down to the table, use max impact to knock him out so he doesn't move too much, and then I'ld use an exacto knife to make dozens of crisscrossing (but shallow) cuts over his tongue.  Then I'd douse a cotton swab in acid and rub it over his tongue until the entire top layer of skin comes of. Burn all of the taste buds away down to the roots so they'd never grow back again. If I do it right, I could fulfill his fantasy -- he'd never be able to taste another thing again. Quite literally.

But I'm still not sure if I should follow through with it.