Covid-19 showing up in semen, possible sexual transmission

Guest CuriousDallas

According to the paper there is no evidence, it is only the fact that the virus is occurring in semen. However, I don’t understand why it is a problem. If you fuck anybody you must be closer than 1,5 meters, you cannot avoid the breathing the air what your partner exhales. 

Take a copper supplement.  It should block the virus.  I work in a grocery store, so my job is "essential".  My co-workers are dropping like flies around me, but I haven't been infected yet.  And I attribute it to the copper supplement I take.

The reason I started taking the copper supplement was because I read somewhere that the reason children weren't affected by this virus is because kids have a higher concentration of copper in their blood.  So I started taking it and I feel invulnerable.  Tho only time will tell.  I do wear a mask while working and try to stay six feet away from other ppl

21 minutes ago, speedo21 said:

Take a copper supplement.  It should block the virus.  I work in a grocery store, so my job is "essential".  My co-workers are dropping like flies around me, but I haven't been infected yet.  And I attribute it to the copper supplement I take.

The reason I started taking the copper supplement was because I read somewhere that the reason children weren't affected by this virus is because kids have a higher concentration of copper in their blood.  So I started taking it and I feel invulnerable.  Tho only time will tell.  I do wear a mask while working and try to stay six feet away from other ppl

Makes sense, since studies have shown the shortest lifespan for the virus on any surface is on copper- dead within 4 hours vs a 3 days on plastic and stainless steel. 

Guest Porthos

no surprise it might be in semen, but if you're getting fucked, your proximity to the top would be a much more efficient means of transmission

OKAY Guys This just came into my email you might like to read it:

Coronavirus from sex? Not so fast...

It's in the air... it's in the water... we're wiping down delivery boxes... we're afraid to touch shopping bags.

It seems like every week there's a new report on some place that the COVID-19 coronavirus could be hiding.

Some of these warnings are useful... and some just don't pass the smell test.

Case in point? There was a recent study claiming that you might be able to catch COVID-19 through sex.

But before you shut down your sex life... and toss your hubby or wife out of bed... there's plenty about this research that you deserve to know.

Hopping off the love train?

If there was one upside from all of these coronavirus quarantines, it was that some people were having more sex.

Now, they want to take that from us, too.

You may have seen some of the recent reporting about a study out of China claiming that COVID-19 was found in men's semen... and that maybe it could be transmitted through sex.

Now, I'm not necessarily saying that this is all alarmist nonsense.

But someone is going to have to prove to me that it's NOT alarmist nonsense. Because there are many, many, many problems with this research that you may not have seen reported.

The research was criticized right out of the gate for some of the sloppy, non-standard ways the results were reported.

The study was INCREDIBLY small. There were only 38 guys tested, and only 6 of them had semen that tested positive. So in about 85% of cases, there was NO positive test. And you're supposed to base your entire sex life around 6 guys?

And about those positive tests... they are NOT what you think. The researchers were only looking for components of the virus. And they have no idea whether the components they claim to have found are even remotely infectious.

There's not any evidence of COVID-19 ever being transmitted sexually. There's no proof of even a single case.

Another previous study on semen in guys infected with COVID-19 found NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of the virus in the semen.

I mean, I could go on... but I'll stop there.

Unfortunately, some people ran hog-wild with the story and even suggested that maybe a guy could pass the coronavirus onto a woman through sex... and that she could pass it on to a baby.

Again, can we at least TRY to be responsible here before scaring MILLIONS of would-be parents?

This has already been studied AT LEAST TWICE. In one study of pregnant women who'd been infected, there was no evidence they passed the virus onto their babies.

And in another study of infected pregnant women, NONE of their babies went on to exhibit ANY symptoms of coronavirus.

Listen, there's plenty to be scared of during this pandemic. But those fears ought to be based on logic and sound science.

So should you start giving your sweetie the cold shoulder and cut off sex during the pandemic?

I sure wouldn't. Not yet... not based on this research.

To your health,
Melissa Young
Director, Health Sciences Institute

12 hours ago, speedo21 said:

I’m not attacking you personally here, I’m sure you meant well and are trying to help a guy out, but I am going to attack your argument.

You seem to be basing this on what sounds like very flimsy evidence. Have you a link to a peer-reviewed medical paper showing that taking a copper supplement helps prevent you getting covid-19? If not, this is one step away from Mr Trump telling people to inject bleach. The copper is unlikely to harm you, but it may give you a false sense of security. I’m glad to hear you’re wearing a mask and keeping your distance, because these methods have been shown to work.

We don’t know why some people, such as your colleagues, seem more susceptible  to covid-19. We could postulate that you might have a protective gene of some sort. Or that you actually did contract the infection, but were asymptomatic. Or that you were just plain lucky. Ultimately we don’t know, and until we have hard scientific evidence, we should say that we don’t know. Filling in the blanks with theories unsupported by evidence, and encouraging others to do the same, is dangerous.

In answer to the original question, COVID-19 is spread through droplets from your nose and lungs, and close contact. Sex requires close contact. So it can be spread through sex, but there’s no evidence to date to suggest it’s a sexually transmitted infection in the true sense, like HIV. Not that that helps a lot if you want to go back fucking, I’m afraid.

I suppose we could get some 2 metre long dildos...

Edited by subBottomKink