Question on "scoring"

BootmanLA

I understand y'all can't be too specific about how the scoring/rating system works here for membership (because you don't want people gaming the system, etc.). But is it possible to find out whether certain actions will NOT affect your score? Specifically, blocking large numbers of members?

On 9/7/2020 at 4:32 AM, BootmanLA said:

I understand y'all can't be too specific about how the scoring/rating system works here for membership (because you don't want people gaming the system, etc.). But is it possible to find out whether certain actions will NOT affect your score? Specifically, blocking large numbers of members?

you can block members...?  cool.  how ?

4 hours ago, BareLover073 said:

you can block members...?  cool.  how ?

Hover over the link that represents a member's name - either at the top of a post, or somewhere similar - and a popup window will appear. There's a box to check "Ignore User"; if you check that, the main page will shift to the "Ignored Members" page and ask you to (a) specify which types of info you want to ignore about the user (Posts, Messages, Signature, Mentions) and then (b) confirm to ignore that member.

I called it "blocking" earlier, but technically it's called "Ignoring". 

51 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

Hover over the link that represents a member's name - either at the top of a post, or somewhere similar - and a popup window will appear. There's a box to check "Ignore User"; if you check that, the main page will shift to the "Ignored Members" page and ask you to (a) specify which types of info you want to ignore about the user (Posts, Messages, Signature, Mentions) and then (b) confirm to ignore that member.

I called it "blocking" earlier, but technically it's called "Ignoring". 

Great post and good option. Unfortunately, it does not block their pictures on the main gallery pages, which I have asked if that can be included.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

There are several types of scoring on the site. None of them are affected by blocking users.

Thanks! I figured not, but wanted to make sure. Happy to be proactive in not seeing content I don't want to see (when it comes routinely from particular individuals) but didn't want to jeopardize any "status level" in doing so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.