Self-infection possible?

I had this as my status a few days ago, but it didn't get many responses, so I made a topic about it with a view to get some answers on the matter.

My neighbour is newly poz, and has been on his meds for a month. In my mind, this isn't long enough to get to undetectable. If I can get a load out of him (say from oral or JO, and NOT anal sex), I can save his spunk in a syringe and freeze for later injection by myself. 

My question is this: Let's assume he's still contagious. If I saved his charged but slightly medicated seeds and use them later, can I infect myself? Or will they be dead by the time they hit the freezer?

I could be wrong about how long it takes to get to undetectable, but let's forget that for the sake of the question.

I'll say this - one month isn't a long time, but with an assertive medication, IF he wasn't freshly pozzed, just freshly diagnosed, it might be that he already had a somewhat lowered virus level naturally, in which case medication could drive him into "undetectable" range pretty fast.

Remember that shortly after infection, viral load spikes, but comes down quickly over time; not to undetectable levels, but frequently to "hard to infect with one fuck" level. It may take a particular individual a month, or two months, or longer to hit that level - which is a result of the body's natural immune system knocking the infection back - but if he gets there before going on meds, who knows where he'd be in a month?

As I noted in my response to your status, heat's more of an issue than freezing for killing HIV.

• Like 1

• Moderators

From what I know of the science, I would think that if you keep it frozen and well-sealed from air, it should last reasonably well and retain what potency it had when collected for a fair length of time (3-6 months maybe?). I'll let others weigh in on the likelihood of significant viral load after a month of treatment - I'm sure others here know that far better than I do.

This does beg the question (in my mind) of how you'd collect it in the first place, unless the neighbor in question is cooperating with your intention. I'm picturing some hilariously awkward scenes...