Jump to content
TwinkFoot

Can you add more reaction emotes to the website?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

I definitely would not add angry, and I would even get rid of the downvote too; Give zero room/ammo for negativity, for which there is way too much of in this life - It is exhausting! I was raised to understand that if you have not got anything constructive to say, then do not speak. 

Respectfully, I disagree. There are posts that themselves are negative and non-constructive, and I think it *helps* the community for us to be able to express that we reject that nonsense. And as long as the site is allowing the expression of opinions that do not cross the line into harassing specific members, etc., then I think such reactions are critical.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

Out of interest @rawTOP, does the piggy reaction emoji come with a (+1) vote?

Whilst I am here, I would like to give you a big thank you for all the work you do on this wonderful site - Much appreciated. And wishing you a very Merry Christmas. 🎅

 

I just gave a piggy to a post and it looks like it did (+1) the poster

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Respectfully, I disagree. There are posts that themselves are negative and non-constructive, and I think it *helps* the community for us to be able to express that we reject that nonsense. And as long as the site is allowing the expression of opinions that do not cross the line into harassing specific members, etc., then I think such reactions are critical.

Use downvote in that situation. It has a clearer meaning of disapproval of the post itself, rather than the topic being discussed in the post.

7 hours ago, gaydude44447 said:

I just gave a piggy to a post and it looks like it did (+1) the poster

Correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rawTOP said:

Use downvote in that situation. It has a clearer meaning of disapproval of the post itself, rather than the topic being discussed in the post.

I do. Just wanted to be clear that not all reactions that express negative feelings are bad things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think "eyeroll" would be a useful reaction to have available - for the posts that don't *quite* merit a downvote (which has both punitive effect by reducing a member's approval score, and which often inspires retaliatory downvoting) but which inspire the reader to think "Really? Again with this shit?" Not sure how you'd distinguish it visually from the "sad" and "confused" icons (which also both feature faces with big eyes) but something to think about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.