General Discussion -> LGBTQ Politics

TallHungNYC

Let me preface this by saying that this is this is the best designed and managed forum site I've ever seen - just wanted to share a tweak I've been thinking about for a while as a potential improvement.

- I think the current placement of the LGBTQ Politics subthread right under the General Discussion could make it seem for the casual user that the GD thread is about LGBTQ Politics, which are two related but very different types of threads.

I'm sharing this because every now and then when I'm looking for the GD thread, the "LGBTQ Politics" right under (and connected with an arrow) makes me do a double take.  It could be that I'm an idiot, but I just wonder if it happens to me (a long time and frequent user), if others (e.g., those who may be visiting the site for the first time) may have trouble finding one of the main threads, missing out on discovering useful, informative (or at least horny and/or interesting) material and eventually becoming contributors... meaning we're potentially missing out on future horny and/or interesting posts... 

I think it might be a little confusing in that the site is organized inconsistently with regard to when subforums are used and when they aren't. Not that it's an invalid way to organize, but....

For example, General has one sub forum - politics - and then lots of individual topics. Sex Health has four sub forums, but lots of other individual topics.

But the Backroom area has sub forums, and every topic has to fit within a sub forum. I've often wondered whether a similar structure wouldn't be better for Sex Health, requiring all topics to fit in one or another sub forum, including a Miscellaneous Sexual Health section.

I don't think the General Discussion area really lends itself to that kind of organization, since the topics are all over the board. But by the same token, Politics is much more focused; perhaps it almost merits a forum level boost? It's not necessarily as important as, say, General or Sex Health. But it *IS* as distinct a focus.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.