Which position do you identify as? How many of you have used the hanky code?

ScaredAndShy

How many of you are bottoms or tops? How many of you use the hanky code?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

2. 2. Have you ever used the hanky code?

• I love the hanky code! I use it all the time.
    • I use the hanky code from time to time.
    • I rarely use the hanky code.
    • I have used the hanky code only once.
    • WTF is the hanky code? I've never heard of it. (Never used it)
    • I use something better than the hanky code (please comment below).

On 3/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, ScaredAndShy said:

I was curious to know if the bottoms out number the tops.  In the process of researching this, I found something called the hanky code, which I've never seen before.  You bet your ass I'm going to start using it.  I wonder how many of you use it.

Over gay history there have been all sorts of codes. Which side do you wear your keys in? Which button on your 501s do you leave undone? Lots of them. The hanky code became popular in the 70s and 80s. There’s a great scene in CRUISING when Al Pacino walks into a gay leather bar wearing the wrong hanky.

But the hanky code has been rendered meaningless now as what was essentially leather wear and culture has evolved into costumery. People wear the various colors on their vests, their jeans, their harnesses, biceps bands and gauntlets with absolutely no awareness that each color once indicated a sexual appetite or position. Such lack of awareness used to irritate me. Now I just shrug. Things evolve.

I always thought those rubber wrist bands that were popular a while back were a missed opportunity. They were sold to raise money and were a solid colour usually printed with the name of a charity.  I got a load of yellow ones and blue ones which I used to wear on my wrist or ankle in the sauna or in bars, etc. You can get them printed with anything - would be cool if you could get one with the "Breeding Zone" logo or even Biohazard symbols on to wear on left or right wrists (or both) as appropriate to attract others with a similar interest. If guys think it is a good idea, I might get some printed up. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I always thought those rubber wrist bands that were popular a while back were a missed opportunity. They were sold to raise money and were a solid colour usually printed with the name of a charity.  I got a load of yellow ones and blue ones which I used to wear on my wrist or ankle in the sauna or in bars, etc. You can get them printed with anything - would be cool if you could get one with the "Breeding Zone" logo or even Biohazard symbols on to wear on left or right wrists (or both) as appropriate to attract others with a similar interest. If guys think it is a good idea, I might get some printed up. 

Count me in, Andy. (You didn’t really need me to say, did you...?)

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

What a clever idea for the bathhouse! Did you have anything printed on yours, and if so, how did the printing hold up against water, steam, etc.? I’ve had things written on my ass with an indelible laboratory-grade Sharpie marker at the bathhouse before, but a couple of trips to the steam room fades even that.

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

What a clever idea for the bathhouse! Did you have anything printed on yours, and if so, how did the printing hold up against water, steam, etc.? I’ve had things written on my ass with an indelible laboratory-grade Sharpie marker at the bathhouse before, but a couple of trips to the steam room fades even that.

I think the branding on the yellow one was embossed into the silicone and the red one was printed. Both survived the sauna, SOP, and daily wear.  The best option would be embossed, filled with another contrasting colour for durability.  

If you made some that presented a variety of signals then that would be awesome.  For example one that with Neg, or Poz Friendly, or Bareback Me, or just plain Fuck Me and I suck cock.

Perhaps Bisexual or Gay or Single?  Boy the list can go on.

Edited by ScaredAndShy
Added some ideas.