Chariots sauna (permanently closed)

Coldfusion

[think before following links] https://uk.news.yahoo.com/historic-gay-sauna-chariots-spa-093459224.html

Chariots (the sauna in Vauxhall) ran out of money and was liquidated in January.

Nobody seems to have posted this anywhere so I thought I would make a thread for those who werent aware (and for people to discuss it)

Some people may not have liked it but its sad to see it (or any gay venue) go

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah- in it’s heyday, Chariots used to have six branches spread across London.  I’m not sure what happened- it’s like they just lost heart and gave up.  Other saunas such as Sweatbox and Pleasuredrome have invested a lot of money in upgrading their facilities: Chariots never did after their Shoreditch branch closed.

As far as the Union is concerned, Hardon has it listed as the venue for their upcoming events, so I presume it’s in no imminent danger of closing...  but you can never be sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Yeah- in it’s heyday, Chariots used to have six branches spread across London.  I’m not sure what happened- it’s like they just lost heart and gave up.  Other saunas such as Sweatbox and Pleasuredrome have invested a lot of money in upgrading their facilities: Chariots never did after their Shoreditch branch closed.

As far as the Union is concerned, Hardon has it listed as the venue for their upcoming events, so I presume it’s in no imminent danger of closing...  but you can never be sure.

Although I was only an occasional visitor to Chariots, as I don’t live in London, I did visit over the years and wholeheartedly agree with your assessment that they didn’t seem arsed in the last few years. There was a sense of them being jaded and going through the motions on some of my visits. It’s a shame, because back in the day a visit to Chariots could be thrilling. Maybe I’m being unfair and it was just my bad luck to catch them on off days. 

• Like 1

Went tot eh Chariots in Waterloo - once. Was almost deserted. I've always preferred Pleasuredome, Covent Garden Spa and the Lockerroom in Kennington. These day, i tend to gravitate towards Vault139.

I can;t wait until they all re-open.

14 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Locker Room and Covent Garden Spa already open and Pleasuredrome reopens tomorrow- just Vault139 to go!

Oh. This i did not know (checks the times of the next train to London).........

On 5/24/2021 at 6:34 PM, Spunkinmyarse said:

Other saunas such as Sweatbox and Pleasuredrome have invested a lot of money in upgrading their facilities:

I hope after all this time off, they did something to get rid of that huge stench. You know, the one that smells like the inside of the elephant house at London Zoo.

Only me and like 1 other person seems to have mentioned this on here but it was awful

How can you spend 1 million bucks on a refit but not buy some disinfectant?

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear about Chariots Vauxhaul. A lot of people didn’t seem to like it, but I had some good nights there when I visited London.

Including a memorable spontaneous orgy on the benches of the sauna where about ten of us were suddenly all over each other, grabbing every part of male flesh we could find, cock being stuck into any hole that popped into the air for half a second.

And the time I somehow got lost, couldn’t find my way to the exit to leave, and just kept getting fucked as I wandered around looking for it - I may have had a bit to drink in the Eagle before I went there that time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:40 AM, subBottomKink said:

I had some good nights there when I visited London.

I thought it would be "too big" to go down but apparently it wasn't.

Has anyone been to Sailors? That used to be Chariots Limehouse. I heard it was all old geezers in there.

I had 2 really good times at Chariots (Vauxhall...) One was the first time I went... fucked 2 really hot guys.

in late 2019 I was part of a really big sudden orgy where  about 12 guys crowded into one cabin and got our dicks sucked by this one perfectly hot black guy like 24 years  old. And shot our loads over him so he looked like a wedding cake 

Many other times there I had bad nights but that was because I was in a bad state mentally at the time and couldnt keep an erection lol. When I went in there during the last 3 years, there was always at least one decent ass to fuck (sadly I didnt fuck most of them)

Edited by dickcrowley

13 hours ago, dickcrowley said:

I thought it would be "too big" to go down but apparently it wasn't.

Has anyone been to Sailors? That used to be Chariots Limehouse. I heard it was all old geezers in there.

I had 2 really good times at Chariots (Vauxhall...) One was the first time I went... fucked 2 really hot guys.

in late 2019 I was part of a really big sudden orgy where  about 12 guys crowded into one cabin and got our dicks sucked by this one perfectly hot black guy like 24 years  old. And shot our loads over him so he looked like a wedding cake 

Many other times there I had bad nights but that was because I was in a bad state mentally at the time and couldnt keep an erection lol. When I went in there during the last 3 years, there was always at least one decent ass to fuck (sadly I didnt fuck most of them)

Leaving aside the fact there’s nothing actually wrong with “old geezers” - you may be one yourself one day 😂 - your information is incorrect. Sailors has always been populated by authentic East End geezers of all ages, which makes a refreshing change from saunas up West.

Edited by RawPlug
Typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RawPlug said:

Leaving aside the fact there’s nothing actually wrong with “old geezers” - you may be one yourself one day 😂 - your information is incorrect. Sailors has always been populated by authentic East End geezers of all ages, which makes a refreshing change from saunas up West.

Fine. Cool. Thank you. Might check it out then.