Question on how chlamydia or gonorrhoea can be passed on

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can pass on chlamydia or gonorrhoea via topping/giving oral if you have either of those stis anally? And same for if you have it in your dick, can you pass it you’re the one bottoming?

The information I can see online all seems to disagree on whether it’s possible or not.

Edited by Nik101

• Nik101 changed the title to Question on how chlamydia or gonorrhoea can be passed on

Right, I saw that article but I don’t think it fully answers it as although it says;

“You can get chlamydia or gonorrhoea by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has chlamydia or gonorrhoea.”

That doesn’t mention if you can pass it on anally if or example you have it show up orally.

The reason I am thinking this is because when you go for an sti check they make you check swab all 3 sites if you’re male (4 for females) so surely that would mean if an infection shows up in only 1 site you can’t pass it on via the other sites?

The infection from a STD like chlamydia, gonorrhoea and others infect only the part of the body where the transmission has been occured. so if u have a STD in ur ass u can't pass it on through oral sex. but it's possible to have the same STD in your throat if u have sucked that STD cock as well

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Kimberley said:

The infection from a STD like chlamydia, gonorrhoea and others infect only the part of the body where the transmission has been occured. so if u have a STD in ur ass u can't pass it on through oral sex. but it's possible to have the same STD in your throat if u have sucked that STD cock as well

Thanks, that’s my understanding also but I can't find that actually written anywhere on those sexual health information sites which is why I was double checking. 

6 hours ago, Kimberley said:

I had this same question. Thank you @Nik101 for putting it to the community for some insight.

I appreciate @Kimberley for adding this perspective. I had understood these specific STI's to be a bacteria-based infection versus a viral infection. As such, it would make sense that a colony of bacteria may be localized (for lack of a better description). So a rectal infection may not result in a pharyngeal (throat) infection. As an example, if the infection is found in my urine and NOT in my anus / rectal area and NOT in my throat. That it would therefore be safe to assume that if the urine comes back positive, but not the swabs - then it leads me to believe that I could pass this bacterial infection by topping or letting a guy suck my dick - but would not pass it by sucking a dick only, or getting fucked only. Right???

When I go for STI testing, I always get an oral (pharyngeal) swab, rectal or anal swab, urine testing, and blood testing...EVERY time. Recently, I was offered the vaginal swab to use around the tip of my penis. I am an advocate for knowing your status - please get tested regularly guys.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FunCheerSlut said:

I appreciate @Kimberley for adding this perspective. I had understood these specific STI's to be a bacteria-based infection versus a viral infection. As such, it would make sense that a colony of bacteria may be localized (for lack of a better description). So a rectal infection may not result in a pharyngeal (throat) infection. As an example, if the infection is found in my urine and NOT in my anus / rectal area and NOT in my throat. That it would therefore be safe to assume that if the urine comes back positive, but not the swabs - then it leads me to believe that I could pass this bacterial infection by topping or letting a guy suck my dick - but would not pass it by sucking a dick only, or getting fucked only. Right???

Remember that syphilis is also a bacterial infection but it travels around your body and so it can be transmitted from other sites than the location you were infected from (according to [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis-detailed.htm).

But the assumptions for gonorrhoea and chlamydia I think are correct, or at least I can’t see anything saying otherwise. I suppose I’ll ask when I eventually go for a test for a definitive answer.

every time I get them, I just end up with them in my ass, where the men dumped it. several men have told me they got them from fucking my ass and I’m sure a lot more random men who I never hear from have gotten them the same way. as a pure cumdump, I have never had my dick test positive for anything

Update: I had another look through the CDC website for gonorrhoea and noticed that it mentioned;

“If left untreated, gonorrhea can also spread to the blood and cause disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). DGI is usually characterized by arthritis, tenosynovitis, and/or dermatitis (15). This condition can be life threatening.”

So I would assume that if it’s late stage it’s transmittable via any site and via needles.

The version for chlamydia doesn’t mention anything similar to this so I assume our earlier thinking is still correct for that.

Hi Nik101.. I top only and contracted both @ a fuck party in Melbourne last year. Went to another party a fortnight later. My 3 monthly blood/urine/swab tests showed it both in my cock and surprisingly for me anally... no cock went anywhere near my hole.