What do you want from a relationship?

hntnhole

i also think it evolves over time. as the grains of life's hour glass slowly build on the other side of that timepiece we have learned more of what we love and lost enthusiasm for other things. time increases in value and desires not yet experienced become more intense. for me my submissiveness sexually has increased yet my strength in other areas including relationships and business have also grown. the need to fill time even with people who don't really match the need has decreased. Yet the need to fill it with those i laugh with, have physical enjoyment with, explore with and have conversation with reaches new heights daily!

8 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

"cheating" involves hiding and lying, and that's the part i hate/d. i wanna be true to myself and others

For clarity, I have nothing at all against sex outside a relationship.  I did it for decades, with the full knowledge, encouragement, and support of my live-partner.  And, because I knew how much he needed outside sex, I did the same for him.  It threatened our love for each other not one whit, since it was openly discussed, agreed upon, and acted upon without any deceptions.  Thus, it is not what I would call "cheating", since no dishonesty at all was involved. I can commit enough disappointments in myself without purposely setting myself up to commit even more.  I know you'll find this hard to believe <polite cough>, but the other day at the dog park, some woman started in on me and a friend about calling the cops, and neither my friend or myself were even involved in the incident.  She would not stop, and I saw red - stood up and verbally shredded her right then and there.  The worst part was, when I next saw her, I actually had to walk up to that ridiculous woman and apologize - and that really hurt, but decency demanded I do it.  grrrrrrrrrrrrr 

The question is, what is it that drives some of us to even want to bother living down to other peoples standards in the first place?  Particularly when failing in that vain pursuit only diminishes us as men?  

To the polyamory thing:  That's a very interesting take on creating new "relationship/family" structures, and I think it could work for a lot of guys. The only negative I see at this point, would be that at some point, some guy that has yet to mature might be invited in, and stir things up a bit.  But, a household "constitution" which governs everything might overcome a mickey slipping through.  For myself though, "home" would be just that - my home.  Just because I went to the grocery store (and took my Cock with me, obviously), I wouldn't fuck some guy in the bread aisle (yes, I know the visual must be dizzying).  I do get what you mean, in that each member of the family-group would be entirely free to share sex with any guy anywhere, anytime, and have no cause to feel ashamed or worse, guilty. Instead, he would feel great about it.  It's certainly a more productive, healthy construct than trying to emulate that which never did, and never will apply to men like us.  After all - it's in the Constitution !!!  

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:49 PM, rock-cock-jock said:

1) At the base level is good sex-

I don't need a relationship for good sex. On the contrary, the best sex for me is always anonymous sex. For me, everything else but sex is what I expect from a relationship.

On 3/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, hungry_hole said:

I don't need a relationship for good sex. On the contrary, the best sex for me is always anonymous sex

I have nothing at all against either of your points.  It's honest, it's your truth, it injures no one in any way, and that's what counts in my book. 

Since I have no "partner" at present, see ya in the fuckjoints, bud ......