Ukrainian Update

hntnhole

The following is the important part of an email from All Out, the Ukrainian GLBT+ relief agency focused on saving GLBT+ lives, helping with resettlement, feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, treating the sick, help with whatever they need.  Please try to make a donation, whatever you can afford to help your brothers and sisters in desperate need.  The address to offer help is:  All Out.org.  Every little bit helps.  

As the war in Ukraine is raging and thousands flee the country every day, All Out has been able to provide emergency funds for groups supporting LGBT+ people in Ukraine, Poland, and Romania – thanks to donations from All Out members like you.

Last week, we visited two of the groups in Poland and we decided to share the journal notes from our trip exclusively with you:

Having seen first hand the life-saving impact All Out's support is already having in Poland, we can't thank you enough for your recent donation.

Tragically, the war continues relentlessly. We are determined to continue to get funds both to LGBT+ people inside Ukraine and to heroes like Mateusz, Miłosz and Paweł who are supporting refugees once they leave the country.

For us to plan a Ukraine response that has long-term impact, we rely on our Equality Champions – a wonderful group of All Out members who make a regular monthly gift.

Edited by viking8x6
Fixed double paste
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The following from All Out, the World-Wide GLBT+ Agency specifically helping Ukrainian Gays get to safety: there is a video with several of the leadership describing exactly what they're doing and where, but I couldn't figure out how to get it on here. There is a way to see it though ... it was sent to everyone who coughed up a little dough.  Just sayin ...

Can you send them a few bucks?  AllOut.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The All Out movement has brought me to tears. 

Thanks to your generosity, we've transferred over $100,000 in donations from All Out members directly to groups supporting LGBT+ Ukrainian refugees and activists. And there's $150,000 more (and counting) in donations to give out!

I just returned from visiting one of those groups in Romania, while my colleagues were doing the same in Poland. Everywhere I looked, you could tell that war was near. But the spirit of your support was alive.

I wanted to show you just what an incredible impact your donations are having. Check out this video report from our visit to shelters supporting Ukrainian refugees.

Donations from members like you have had an incredible impact so far, helping to pay for shelter, transportation, legal counseling, translators, psychological support, and many other urgent needs for Ukrainian refugees. Thank you!

But as you read this, thousands of LGBT+ people, rainbow families, and human rights activists are still in danger. Some are fleeing from Russian troops, others are arriving in foreign countries, without any resources.

We have a historic responsibility to continue to come together. We’re working nonstop with partners on the ground to continue to get as much support as possible to them.

Can you take the next step in supporting this work by becoming an Equality Champion with a monthly donation of $10 today?

Your monthly gift will enable us to continue to jump into action to support our grassroots partners when LGBT+ lives are at stake.

Stay tuned for more on how the All Out movement is continuing to provide urgent support and resources to Ukrainian refugees.

Thanks for going All Out,

Matt
Executive Director
(he/him)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1