POZ Guys - Quick Question About STDs

I’m curious - Id like to be poz one day for sure. I’m working towards it, I live in a place where STDs don’t really exist, and those who are poz are few and far between. Ie, about 5 in my city. None of them want to come off meds. So that leads me to more thoughts…

How many of you have other diseases? Herpes? HPV? I’m not so worried about the curable ones. Those are easy to deal with. 

Now, as a POZ man, would you have ANY resignation towards another man who advises to you that he does indeed have herpes or hpv? Do you even care? Is it more to spread around? 

I am aware of how HSV works, my own mother has it, and has had it since before I was born. In fact, my biological father gave it to her. I’ve never been tested for HSV. I know that I have HSV1, which most people do too as cold sores. However, I’ve had sex with hundreds of guys and no one ever said anything about getting HSV2 so I just assume I don’t have it. On the other end, I absolutely have HPV. I had warts on my ass that appeared weeks after a hookup. I’ve never seen them since though after they went away on their own, and I’ve never said anything about that to anyone until now. I also have never heard any complaints. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Donnyjames

You probably have those things and you just dont even know it. You can test for herpes to see if your body has antibodies to it. You may have even had an outbreak in the past and you just didnt even realize it. Most of the population does have those two things and are simply carriers and never even have HPV or Herpes outbreaks at all. You definitely have HPV if youve fucked more than 5 people in your life because of your age and therefore havent been vaccinated against it like these younger generations.

And if you take your medication and are POZ, remain undetectable, and healthy, your immune system is no more compromised than a person that doesnt have HIV. Getting something like an STI (Chlamydia, gono, etc) is not that big of a deal. I probably get fucked by 100-200 people before I ever happen to catch one of those, and then its just a simple visit to the doctor, and most of the time I wont even have many symptoms. Everybodys got or gets something from time to time.

The real problem with barebacking is taking on the risk of contracting something that we havent seen yet and is just beginning to transmit sexually like HIV did for example, or has mutated to the point antibiotics no longer can treat it. There are strains of gono which are very, very difficult to treat.

• Like 1

I was (banned word), and I caught everything except Hep C. You take enough raw dick and their loads, you will get something. If you are active, find a Doctor and be honest with them, and get tested every three months. 

• Like 5

You can have HSV and not even know it. A lot of people who test positive for HSV have been asymptomatic their whole life. The only way to know for sure is to have an anitbody test. Believe it or not, one of the most common forms of transmission is from mother to child, when the mom kisses their young child.

12 hours ago, Donnyjames said:

I’m curious - Id like to be poz one day for sure. I’m working towards it, I live in a place where STDs don’t really exist, and those who are poz are few and far between. Ie, about 5 in my city. None of them want to come off meds. So that leads me to more thoughts…

How many of you have other diseases? Herpes? HPV? I’m not so worried about the curable ones. Those are easy to deal with. 

I'm not sure whether you're asking about other STI's from the standpoint of "How do I prevent them?" or "How do you deal with them?" or "How can I get more of them?"

Be forewarned, if you weren't aware, that the last of those three is not an acceptable topic on this site. You may with to clarify your question as to what it is you're looking to learn.

10 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I'm not sure whether you're asking about other STI's from the standpoint of "How do I prevent them?" or "How do you deal with them?" or "How can I get more of them?"

Be forewarned, if you weren't aware, that the last of those three is not an acceptable topic on this site. You may with to clarify your question as to what it is you're looking to learn.

Thanks to everyone… I’m going to quote this one to respond. 

Thank you for clarification also. I am indeed referring how to deal with it, and potentially prevention. However… given the nature of this, it seems unavoidable. It was more of a “does it make a difference to you or not, how do you handle it.”

As a new member, I’ll ensure I revisit the rules section and keep within the guidelines. Thank you for this.