Big legal win in Michigan

rawTOP

• Administrators

The Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that discrimination against LGBT+ folks is sex discrimination under Michigan's anti-discrimination law!

https://apple.news/A0qJZ3nK1QxyakO7ITaJGVA

In the landmark Rouch World LLC et al v Michigan Department of Civil Rights et al case, [The MI AG], on behalf of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR), argued that the state’s anti-discrimination act should be interpreted to include protections for sexual orientation because the term “sex” in the act’s language is so broad.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 4

• 10 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, rawTOP said:

The Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that discrimination against LGBT+ folks is sex discrimination under Michigan's anti-discrimination law!

[think before following links] https://apple.news/A0qJZ3nK1QxyakO7ITaJGVA

That's my State and I'm proud of it!! We're becoming very LGBTQ+welcoming.  A democrat State senator is also bringing forth a bill to protect marriage equality in Michigan so IF Scotus does away with it gay marriage still is legal

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 5:58 AM, PupLucca said:

That's my State and I'm proud of it!! We're becoming very LGBTQ+welcoming.  A democrat State senator is also bringing forth a bill to protect marriage equality in Michigan so IF Scotus does away with it gay marriage still is legal

Hey PupLucca from the Great State of Michigan and a Proud One,,I also come from the Great State of California and also proud,,,California is LGBTQ+Our Governor Newson even before Gay Marriage was legal Newson when he was Mayor of San Francisco  back in 2007 perform some gay marriage  before is was legal in 2008

• Upvote 1