Sex and Education

KylerIsTrash

I was instantly blocked by another PhD student after discussing a bathhouse. By my observation education is inversely proportional to a sex positive lifestyle. I have ignored med students and doctors for well over a decade because they are so boring when it comes to fucking. 

Drugs and STIs aside, there is nothing inherently harmful about a bathhouse. Hooking up with me in your bed versus in a room at a bath should be no different.

How interesting! My experience has been the opposite: some of the kinkiest sex I've has has been with doctors, whether medical or PhD. To give one example, they've pretty much all been into fisting.

Maybe that's because I mostly fuck at bathhouses, other sex venues, and beats. I suppose it's possible there's an especially kinky sub-group. Or maybe it's a regional thing.

I can't wait to hear others' views.

• Moderators

Well, that's just incredibly rude and ignorant. Also completely antithetical to my experiences with people who have progressed some distance in higher education.

I'm a PhD and a happy frequenter of a good number of bathhouses, not to mention tea rooms (including more than a few at top-tier schools), highway rest stops, adult bookstores, parks... well, you get the picture. Most of the academics in my personal circle of friends are definitely sex-positive and the group as a whole has, I would say, a higher than average representation of LGBTQ+ people as well as plenty of straight allies who are very far from narrow (including one whose professional academic focus is basically the study of BDSM).

• Like 2

@viking8x6 thank you for your response. I was not intending to be rude and by asking the question I am challenging my ignorance of the topic. Each time I attempt to branch out into the higher educated group I am turned down because of my slutty behavior. 

I am seeking anecdotal evidence to better understand if there is correlation between the variables and am very open to changing my own view. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky. 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, KylerIsTrash said:

I was not intending to be rude and

@KylerIsTrash My apologies! 😳 I wondered when I posted it whether my language was clear enough, and evidently it was not! YOU were not rude and ignorant in the least, but quite reasonably trying to get information from others that might support or negate the hypothesis you had formed based on your observations. The other student, who blocked you, was the one whose behavior I intended to criticize.

• Like 2

Not to support, defend, attack, or criticize anyone involved in this situation.

You say this was "another PhD student" who blocked you - is he or she in the same program of study as you? Do you have to work together on any research or teaching projects?

If not, then I'm not sure I see what the problem is. While I agree that (generally speaking) people involved in higher education are more open minded and tolerant than the population at large, we're each free to set our own boundaries.

I warn people with whom I'm interacting online the first time they start with any Jeebus talk that I'll only talk about religion in neutral, observational terms - the role of Christianity in X movement, for instance, or how religion has infiltrated politics in the US in the last 40+ years. I have zero interest in anyone telling me how Jeebus saved them in a car wreck last year or how Jeebus came through for her when she was hungry and someone invited her to dinner out of the blue, and anyone who persists in that gets blocked, after a curt "I told you how I feel about this" reminder.

It's very possible this fellow student simply doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone involved in bathhouse culture, and he or she has a perfect right to draw the line there.

I will note, however, your statement:

"Drugs and STIs aside, there is nothing inherently harmful about a bathhouse. Hooking up with me in your bed versus in a room at a bath should be no different."

I agree with the first sentence. But it's a perfectly valid viewpoint to hold that sex should not occur in view of other people, even if they're consenting to the view. It's also a perfectly valid viewpoint to hold that businesses that exist to provide places for sex to occur are a public nuisance that may be legal but which don't deserve tolerance.

I'm not saying I agree (or disagree) with that stance. But it's certainly not an uncommon one. 

I'm curious on the context. I don't provide my educational credentials to potential hookups, and don't remember anyone ever providing them to me.

As to education levels at bathhouses, there are guys with doctorates of all sorts, including religious, acting like pigs in sex clubs. I know based on post fuck conversations about what we do for a living, that I have hooked up with guys with doctorates and other post graduate degrees (the group I'm in). I would tend to agree with some of the other posters that the highly educated are slightly more likely to leave their biases and inhibitions behind when we fuck like pigs in a group setting. It wasn't at a bathhouse, but I definitely expanded my sexual horizons in a few orgies with fellow graduate students, in a small college Midwestern town almost 30 years ago.

• Upvote 1