HIV in cum in ass

If a poz guy, who’s not undetectable, cums in a bottom’s ass (and the bottom is taking prep), how long does the cum stay potentially infectious? As in, how long would it take before there is no risk of transmission to another top who is going to fuck the bottom?

I'm not sure there's been much research on that topic and any answer would be guesswork at best.

It's documented that tops have been infected via that method, but I don't think there's any quantification as to the timelines involved. I would guess - and it's an educated guess but still a guess - that as long as anyone can detect the semen, it could be infectious. Of course, it's going to dribble out and/or be absorbed by the rectum eventually.

Obviously, odds are much higher of infection if a second top enters immediately after the first ejaculates. Conversely, four days later it's highly unlikely.

22 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

I'm not sure there's been much research on that topic and any answer would be guesswork at best.

It's documented that tops have been infected via that method, but I don't think there's any quantification as to the timelines involved. I would guess - and it's an educated guess but still a guess - that as long as anyone can detect the semen, it could be infectious. Of course, it's going to dribble out and/or be absorbed by the rectum eventually.

Obviously, odds are much higher of infection if a second top enters immediately after the first ejaculates. Conversely, four days later it's highly unlikely.

This all seems to make sense from a common sense perspective, but I am not sure how they would ever actually test it to make a determination...  I guess they could have a top inject his load into a bottom and then take samples and test them for viability for transmission of HIV?  Not sure ethically they'd ever actually test with poz tops fucking a prep'd bottom then a neg top fucking afterwards at various times to see if infection actually occurs...  Even if they did, it would be a super tough kind of test to really document and authenticate I'd think...  But medical research tends to shy away from this kind of thing so I'd postulate that chances are we'll never have more than guesses...