Watch out boys!

wood

Sexual health comes in many different ways and this is just one that happened to occur to me recently. 

I was having mild rectal pain that I thought (or maybe started) as a fissure. I hadn’t been getting fucked so I put some hydrocortisone on it for a few days and left it at that. 

however, I woke up in the middle of the night around Jan 30th in tons of pain around my ass. I wasn’t bleeding, but it was swollen. I went to my regular doc for a nurses visit. It was at this point that I was told I had an abscess that must be drained immediately, otherwise I may get sepsis or the infection may spread. 

I went to the ER, at which point I had needles stuck in there to numb it and a scalpel to drain it. 

im on the mend now and besides a little temporary scar tissue I’m good. 

it sucks, but just be a lesson to never let things go. I was told that if I had let it go, it may have required extensive surgery and or a colonoscopy bag, if not worse. 

Seemingly minor issues can become bad very quick. Be aware.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me feel better that I am not the only one with an abscess. Mine was on the outside of my buttock, not the inside of the rectum/anus. 

Out of nowhere, I developed what I thought was a pimple or ingrown hair that became red, swollen and painful to sit on. Within 48 hours it was massive and I had to go to the ER to have it incised and the pus drained. The wound was so deep that I had to have daily or 3x weekly nursing appointments to change the packing and bandages for over a month afterward. 

While it's impossible to say where it came from (likely a tiny scratch in the skin that allowed a bacterial infection to begin) I believe that in my case it was likely made worse by meth use weakening my immune system and the health of my skin. 

I completely agree with the above post - I was hesitant to seek treatment for the abscess because I didn't think it was a big deal or might go away on its own, but you MUST go and have it examined. MRSA (drug resistant infections) are increasingly common in the buttock region and among gay men and drug users. 

had a couple minor experiences.....no fun....appreciate the experience @wood.....when caught early these issues are very easy to address. infections like these are also getting more resistive to antibiotics, a doctor looking concerned once shared w me, so please be mindful.

take care of your sexy bodies guys......i, and all the others out there want to play with and around you for a long time.

Edited by faggot4play