What's your viral load?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What's your viral load?

• Under 250
    • Between 250 & 5,000
    • Between 5,000 & 10,000
    • Between 10,000 & 100,000
    • Over 100,000

As far as both studies I'm in can tell, I have no viral load at all (experimental tests along with the conventional tests that zero out at less than 48 copies/mL) but anti-bodies are very front and center. When I converted my viral load was almost 100k but within 3 months was below 1000 and by the 4th month was undetectable and I've been that way ever since (thus why I'm in 2 studies). That was 4.5 years ago. CD4s are over 800. Never taken a single pill, ever, for HIV. I get tested every month, twice, for free as well as genetic typing/testing.

Was 185k in Feb when I was first tested after diagnosis. Started on Atripla, but couldn't take the depression and other side effects, so switched to Truvada and Isentress. Last test was in mid march and was 232. Following that trajectory I am hoping I am undetectable now, but won't know until late April when I get tested again.

• 4 weeks later...
probably got the wrong topic here, but are their studies that involve both detectable and undetectable men as far as transmission risk is concerned, toward their partners??

Yes, there is a well-known Swiss study that came to the conclusion that an undetectable VL is pretty much the same risk as using a condom (as far as HIV is concerned). You can still get STDs of course if you don't use a condom.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Swiss-experts-say-individuals-with-undetectable-viral-load-and-no-STI-cannot-transmit-HIV-during-sex/page/1429357/