Vactioning in Mexico and would like to stock up on some Antibiotics

Hiv poz male here that LOVES to BB all the time. I usually go to the clinic every three months and almost always have something. Im going to be traveling a lot for a living so getting to the clinic will be harder while on the road.   Currently in Mexico and I’m wondering if I could stock up on some good medicine to help me out when I can’t get to the clinic.  So my question to you is what should I buy? This isn’t going to replace going to get checked out but if I have a crazy night and take dozens of loads I will probably need to take something. 

If you don't trust your primary care physician or they are giving you pushback, contact one of the online MD practices.   In general, all you need is Cipro and Flagyl.   Have the prescribing MD give you specific instructions on use. For most people traveling, it's not necessary, though.   If you need something, it's usually easy to get down there.

Lots of soap and water; don't drink the water.  A simple Google search should give you everything you need.  I generally only pack meds when I'm going on the beaten trail and back packing, which is probably not something you can do safely down there.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, Oldercumslut said:

If you don't trust your primary care physician or they are giving you pushback, contact one of the online MD practices.   In general, all you need is Cipro and Flagyl.   Have the prescribing MD give you specific instructions on use. For most people traveling, it's not necessary, though.   If you need something, it's usually easy to get down there.

Lots of soap and water; don't drink the water.  A simple Google search should give you everything you need.  I generally only pack meds when I'm going on the beaten trail and back packing, which is probably not something you can do safely down there.

I think what the OP meant was, he wants to stock up on useful antibiotics while he's in Mexico (and they're much more often available without a prescription) to bring back to the US for use as emergency PEP, etc., not that he needs antibiotics for what he's doing in Mexico.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1