Questions about Mycoplasma genitalium and who should I notify?

The guy who bred me in the thread above told me that he tested positive for mycoplasma genitalium. I really appreciate that he informed me about his test. I did some search in the forum and there are not many topics about it. I have never heard of it and have a few questions.

The guy really like my cummy hole and claimed that I was the only one who he has fucked but had sucked a few cocks. Is it possible that I passed that to him? If it was me, how come no other tops who bred me have contacted me about possible STD infection. 

After his positive test, I contacted my doctor about anal swab. He asked whether the guy is bisexual because the bateria can be shared by a bisexual man. He also said MSM is rarely tested. It typically causes cervicitis and pelvic inflammatory disease, so men are only checked when they're symptomatic with urination. Apparently, my doc didn't seem to be concerned and told me not to worry about it. 

I have no symptoms whatsoever and have been on Prep and Doxypep. Since I get bred all the times, should I contact all (non-anon) who have bred me in the past month about possible exposure? 

• Moderators

Here's a link to the fact sheet from the CDC - it's rather slim. It looks like it's a fairly obscure organism that is frequently asymptomatic in men and has few consequences for them, whereas women (i.e. people with vaginas) can have serious problems from it. It also looks like antibiotic treatments for it aren't all that satisfactory (though they mostly work). It would be polite to let people know they might have been exposed, particularly if you think they are likely to play with vagina owners as well.

https://www.cdc.gov/std/mgen/stdfact-Mgen-detailed.htm

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Fwiw, my husband had mgen 2022, as a top.  Symptoms similar to gonorrhea.   Took 2 months to diagnose as they don't typically test for mgen.  then a month of antibiotics as 2 or 3 rounds were needed.   3 months no sex for us.  I never caught it as a bottom because symptoms onset came on quick after he had a bottom over.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bttml00king said:

@JimInWisc@JimInWiscthanks. Wow four years. How did you find out since you were asymptomatic? From your routine test or someone who tested positive? Apology if I am asking too many questions. 

My clinic standard STI testing is quite thorough so they check that routinely.  

• Like 1

I had this about 4 years back, a top I was seeing regularly called me and let me know he'd tested positive for it (and it hurt when he pissed).

I had no symptoms and it took 3 courses if different antibiotics to finally clear it. But clinics in the UK won't test for it unless there's some symptoms. So have no idea if I have caught it again since.. as taken a fair bit of cock since then