Zoom Video Communications Settlement

ellentonboy

I received an email two days ago telling me that I was entitled to a whopping $32.32 from a settlement regarding Zoom. due to  possible privacy violations.  It was one of those class action lawsuits and I do recall filling out the form that I did participate in Zoom calls during the time frame that was mentioned.  God some of those Zoom calls with a 100 naked guys were fun, but that's another story.

Here's my question to BZ members - they offered to pay me via credit cards, google app cards, or a direct deposit to my checking account.  I know better than to give out that information, but I did reach out to the administrator.  This morning I received an email back that read "a paper check option may be available for this settlement.  Please note that the paper check reissue process can take 4-6 weeks to complete".  Now on the initial email there was an area to check that I wanted to  be reimbursed by a paper check, but it never asked for my address.  Now I could have given them my address  when I completed the initial form, I can't remember.  However, there was no way I was going to give them my routing number or checking account number, I would not give them PayPal information either.

Have any other members received a similar email?  I think it is legitimate but I was curious as I know there are some members that enjoy Zoom and may have been in the Google Plus rooms before they were taken away from us for our naughty behavior......

'

Yes, I received the same email, with the same amount quoted and the same options.  I also applied for the settlement.   I gave them my PayPal information, basically the email address where I recieved the notice.  I was told to expect the money by end of business day,  June 5th.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BBBxCumDumpster said:

Yes, I received the same email, with the same amount quoted and the same options.  I also applied for the settlement.   I gave them my PayPal information, basically the email address where I recieved the notice.  I was told to expect the money by end of business day,  June 5th.

If you don't mind, could you just post on here if you indeed received that deposit by the date promised.  I use PayPal as well, but I have had issues with theft so I opted for the paper check.  Thanks again for responding.