I miss Denver Swim Club + Midtown

cumslut4play

@xtc303den you provide the most interesting and informative posts!  Your knowledge of some of the history of Denver far exceeds my own and I was reading your post about the four bathhouses enthralled!  Thank you for sharing all of that.  CCC sounds a lot like Club Z in Seattle which was one of my favorites (in the best and worst ways 🙂 ).

Beyond Buddies, which honestly is a trek for anyone in Denver, I agree it is really ridiculous that Denver has ZERO bathhouses.  I also don't know of the legal/licensing/zoning of such establishments and the requirements, but if most other metropolitan cities of any size have one, we should too.  Maybe we should start a gofundme LOL! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xtc303den said:

It's probably worth noting that Club Buddies shares a building with Club Q.  From what I understand, several Club Q patrons were able to make it into Club Buddies to escape the gunman who killed five people there.  It closed for a while after the shooting, but eventually reopened.  That's another reason I want to return, so I can in some small way support the community there. 

I did remember that it was in the same building as a gay bar, but hadn't made the connection that it was the one where mass shooting occurred.

It has been 6 or 7 years since I've been, or for that matter to either Denver bath. I had a major health crisis sideline me in 2018 and was just starting to travel again when COVID hit in 2020. Unfortunately travel for my line of work hasn't returned post COVID and I'm starting to think it never will, which is why I need to move out of the sexless PNW.  When I was able to travel outside of the PNW regularly, I could meet my needs on the road and not put myself through the frustration of trying to hookup here. We still have bathhouses, but they have never had the kind of activity on their best nights that you would find at DSC even on a slow night.

I lived in the Tech Center when I lived in Denver and used to go down to Buddies about once a month from the time they opened until I moved to Portland in 2007.

• Like 1

Yeah, can't believe Denver has no bathhouses any more. That's crazy for a big gay friendly city. My understanding is that Midtown was still doing well, but the building sold to a developer and that part of the city is booming! Well, everywhere in Denver is growing like crazy, but I can imagine they got a fortune for that building. 

• 8 months later...

I went to both and enjoyed them. I don’t know where a sub bareback bottom like myself can get as much action, pleasing horny tops and versatiles. 
Still negative and not on PrEP. 
I’m about to move away and if they were open, I’d visit both before I move and get multiple loads shot deep inside me.