Stigma, Meet Slut-Shaming

On 7/8/2023 at 7:25 AM, ErosWired said:

So I’m lying on the hotel bed, naked (not ‘nude’, the hotel’s only 3-star with a 6.2 rating and there a leak in the ceiling), ass hoisted with two loads navigating their way past the S-bend into my descending colon, watching one of those ersatz cumdump ‘hypno’ vids to remind myself just how perfectly suited I am to being a service cunt for Men, and once again appreciate the way the Universe sometimes puts us in exactly the role we’re meant to fulfil.

Suddenly: BooDOOP! A message on Grindr. It has been an unusually dead Friday night for Indy, so I hope for good things. I’ve changed my Grindr profile name to ‘TwoLoadsIn’ to head off the ‘how many loads’ inquiries, and have announced that I’m hotel hosting Tops, no one refused. As I always do, I add ‘+/U’ at the end.

The message I receive reads:

Gee, I wonder how you got HIV.

He slut-shamed me with generous helping of HIV stigma, and threw in a ‘Gee’ as the cherry on top.

My first reply was an opening salvo toward education, but his response made it clear that changing that heart and mind would be like clearing all the shit out of the Augean stables, and I wasn’t wearing my Hercules suit. Or a lion skin. Or, indeed, anything at all except a ball weight and a pair of white athletic socks.

Anyone who’s tolerated my ranting about the Enemy Virus on this forum knows that I don’t miss many opportunities to tell people about some of the hard truths of living with this plague in our midst…but this time I was just tired. His arrogant, smug ignorance made it clear he was going to fight education tooth and nail.

I told him I wasn’t going to waste any more time arguing with a moron, and blocked him.

What made me madder than anything was that he took my mind completely out of cumdump subspace.

And then the Top flaked.

And then suddenly I find myself wondering  if I’m really cut out for this.

guys like that are usually just bitter because they are too unattractive or uptight to have the kinda hot dirty sex they really want. I find when fags get the most bitter is when they are jealous little bitches. fuck him. better yet, dont fuck him. he doesn’t deserve you ass or your seed or even your attention. xo

• Upvote 1

Definitely uncalled for.  Even if he felt a certain kind of way, keep it to yourself, dude.  

Long before I got pozzed, my older best friend (who has been poz since the 80's) would constantly tell me horror stories of the kinds of private messages he'd get from guys on gay dot com back in the day.  He would say the same thing about educating one's self on how trasmission truly worked and whatnot, but at some point in the argument, it's just a lost cause.