Prep [for oral] or no ?

Explorer10cs

28 minutes ago, norefusal said:

i've only been on Descovy for 2 years and already they just flagged low creatinine levels and want to test my kidneys. i can just imagine what hiv meds will do to them! but i really don't want to go back to condoms if i can help it. ugh. it's always something. anyways, all i can say is personally, i wouldn't get on a prep just to suck dick. but only you can make that choice for yourself. 

Do you do any recreational drugs as well? These could affect your liver function, which could impact your kidney function.

18 minutes ago, Close2MyBro said:

Do you do any recreational drugs as well? These could affect your liver function, which could impact your kidney function.

like what? i smoke pot but only occasionally, def not a wake an baker stoner dude. i'll once in a blue moon huff poppers but try not to cause i have hbp. I tried T exactly once and didn't care for it. I'm 60 so I'm on all sort of prescription meds so that's my first suspicion. they keep prescribing me pills to fix things but meds never seem to be long term solutions. 

4 minutes ago, norefusal said:

like what? i smoke pot but only occasionally, def not a wake an baker stoner dude. i'll once in a blue moon huff poppers but try not to cause i have hbp. I tried T exactly once and didn't care for it. I'm 60 so I'm on all sort of prescription meds so that's my first suspicion. they keep prescribing me pills to fix things but meds never seem to be long term solutions. 

I don't think it would be the pot, it's usually hard drugs that disrupt normal liver function. It could possibly be the other medications. The heart, liver, kidneys, and lungs are all able to influence each of the other organs in that list thru the releasing or inhibiting the release of various hormones, enzymes and other blood chemicals, so if something is affecting one of them it is possible to have that create an effect in one of the other organs. Hopefully your doctor can help sort this out.

lol so it turned out to be nothing ( or hopefully nothing) 

they couldn't read the liver function from the weak blood samples i gave so they're sending me to a lab. i do often struggle to fill out the circles on the at home card. maybe because it was hot and perhaps i didn't drink enough water? idk but i knew they were kinda spotty when i sent them. 

• 5 months later...
53 minutes ago, negboyslut said:

I'm going to meet a really good daddy, but I don't have access to prep, he suggested I use on-demand prep, does anyone know if movitrem works that way?

Movitrem is the brand name given to one of the non-Gilead, out-of-patent status PrEP medications (I believe it's essentially the same as Truvada). As such, it should work the same way.

You posted this question in a topic about PrEP for oral sex. As has been well documented and discussed elsewhere, HIV infection is a lot harder (but not impossible) to transmit during oral sex, unless you have sores in your mouth, bleeding gums, or some other "easy" entry point for the virus. As such, PrEP for oral sex may be overkill, but it will *probably* protect you against oral infection about as good as anything else.

Just remember that on-demand PrEP is more sensitive to timing than daily, because you aren't building up a preventative level in your system like you would with a daily dose. That means wait AT LEAST 2 hours (but no more than 12, and preferably somewhere in the middle) after taking the initial 2 pill dose BEFORE you have sex. And try to time the two follow-up doses as close as possible to 24 and 48 hours after sex (which means counting from the time you first get ejaculate in your mouth). If you have sex more than once, keep taking the daily dose until 48 hours after the LAST time you take a load. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Movitrem es el nombre comercial que se le da a uno de los medicamentos PrEP que no pertenecen a Gilead y que no tienen patente (creo que es esencialmente lo mismo que Truvada). Como tal, debería funcionar de la misma manera.

Publicaste esta pregunta en un tema sobre PrEP para sexo oral. Como ha sido bien documentado y discutido en otros lugares, la infección por VIH es mucho más difícil (pero no imposible) de transmitir durante el sexo oral, a menos que tenga llagas en la boca, encías sangrantes o algún otro punto de entrada "fácil" para el virus. Como tal, la PrEP para el sexo oral puede ser excesiva, pero *probablemente* te protegerá contra las infecciones orales tan bien como cualquier otra cosa.

Sólo recuerde que la PrEP a demanda es más sensible al momento que la diaria, porque no está acumulando un nivel preventivo en su sistema como lo haría con una dosis diaria. Eso significa esperar AL MENOS 2 horas (pero no más de 12, y preferiblemente en algún punto intermedio) después de tomar la dosis inicial de 2 pastillas ANTES de tener relaciones sexuales. Y trate de programar las dos dosis de seguimiento lo más cerca posible de 24 y 48 horas después de tener relaciones sexuales (lo que significa contar desde el momento en que eyacula por primera vez en la boca). Si tiene relaciones sexuales más de una vez, continúe tomando la dosis diaria hasta 48 horas después de la ÚLTIMA vez que tomó una carga. 

Thank you for your answer, I don't know how to react, if I ask about oral sex, although my daddy is a very fucking stud, so he's going to want to rape my ass