Prep [for oral] or no ?

Explorer10cs

• 2 weeks later...

sucking dick and more specifically swallowing cum is considered "low risk" 

so this is a personal choice of how much risk you are comfortable with. 

the advice from experts is always going to be a CYA scenario as the whole safesex message relied on a "assume everyone with a penis is a pathological liar not to be trusted" mentality

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1Exhibitionist said:

Like you, I'm primarily a cocksucker; I went on PrEP for peace of mind.

2 hours ago, 1Exhibitionist said:

Like you, I'm primarily a cocksucker; I went on PrEP for peace of mind.

But Prep is mainly for HIV and HIV is mainly low risk for oral…right? If so..is there anything for the major sti which are more common for oral?  Ie ghonorrhea or sylphulis ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1Exhibitionist said:

I've heard of Doxycycline used before encouters as a precaution for those STIs.

One advantage of being on PrEP: I am required to be tested every three months for all STIs before my prescription can be refilled.

Nice/ that is a good advantage. Ever get anything/ STI?   And what are the disadvantages of PREP? How much dick do you suck? 

So far, I haven't had any STIs, nor did I experience any disadvantages from taking PrEP.

I have only started to let my inner Slut out after starting PrEP and it taking full effect last winter.  Primarily, I enjoy anonymous encounters at the local bathhouse or at ABS.  Having no knowledge about most of the men I service, PrEP has allowed me to enjoy being an enthusiastic cocksucker with less worry afterwards.

I tend to stay the full six hours during a typical bathouse visit.  I average visiting once or twice a month and am getting more comfortable sucking more cocks each visit.  As with many venues, it can be hit or miss on numbers of cock and if the men want to cum.  During my last two trips, I was able to suck five men, then six men; of those eleven men only three orgasmed in my mouth.

Edited by 1Exhibitionist
Correction

• viking8x6 changed the title to Prep [for oral] or no ?
23 minutes ago, 1Exhibitionist said:

So far, I haven't had any STIs, nor did I experience any disadvantages from taking PrEP.

I have only started to let my inner Slut out after starting PrEP and it taking full effect last winter.  Primarily, I enjoy anonymous encounters at the local bathhouse or at ABS.  Having no knowledge about most of the men I service, PrEP has allowed me to enjoy being an enthusiastic cocksucker with less worry afterwards.

I tend to stay the full six hours during a typical bathouse visit.  I average visiting once or twice a month and am getting more comfortable sucking more cocks each visit.  As with many venues, it can be hit or miss on numbers of cock and if the men want to cum.  During my last two trips, I was able to suck five men, then six men; of those eleven men only three orgasmed in my mouth.

Oh wow I want to hear more ! How do you like a post via emoji ? I can’t find that button but see tons of likes via emoji 

6 hours ago, Explorer10cs said:

But Prep is mainly for HIV and HIV is mainly low risk for oral…right? If so..is there anything for the major sti which are more common for oral?  Ie ghonorrhea or sylphulis ?

Yes, oral sex presents a "low risk" for HIV. "Low risk" does not mean "no risk" - there are cases of HIV being transmitted that way - but the risk is low (and lower today, than historically speaking) for multiple reasons.

1. The cells in your mouth and throat are less receptive to infection than the lining of your rectum.

2. HIV has a low survival rate in a hostile environment, and your stomach, with its acidic content, certainly qualifies as hostile.

3. Infection rates are down sharply since the introduction of effective treatment for HIV infection and even more sharply since the widespread adoption of PrEP. That means any particular person is much, much less likely to have an HIV infection which is at the stage of being able to infect another person; people who are on meds and taking them faithfully typically have undetectable levels of HIV in their system, meaning it's not generally sufficient to infect another person. And people who are on PrEP and using it correctly are highly unlikely to have been infected recently and not know it. That makes the overall pool of potential sex partners much safer, on average.

Again, "low risk" is not "no risk". And if you can receive PrEP at low to no cost, it's probably worth it, not only for your own piece of mind, but because it allows you to consider other forms of sexual contact, if those end up interesting you at some point, with less concern.

The other STIs you mention are bacterially caused, not virus caused, so antibiotics can be used both to treat them and to prevent infection. When used prophylactically - that is, to prevent rather than to cure - it's typically taken shortly AFTER the potential exposure, rather than before. Because the primary medication being tested for this use is doxycycline, this is called "DoxyPEP" - with PEP referring to "Post-Exposure Prophylaxis".

Why not pre-exposure? In a nutshell, pre-exposure medications work by maintaining a baseline level of medication in your system, so that whenever you are exposed to the infectious agent, your system is already primed to fight it off. But taking antibiotics steadily helps develop antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, and that's bad - so you take the medications AFTER your (potential) exposure, before you show symptoms, to keep the infection from taking hold.

Note that this isn't really practical if you're sucking dick every day. It's designed as more like urgent care/emergency treatment, not something you go get three times a week.

4 hours ago, Explorer10cs said:

Oh wow I want to hear more ! How do you like a post via emoji ? I can’t find that button but see tons of likes via emoji 

As a relatively new member here, you can't. (New, in this case, means "by number of posts made", not "how long since I joined.") After you've made a certain number of posts, you'll see a large "heart" icon in the lower right corner of each post. Hovering over that lets you choose the reaction you want - the default "heart" means "Like", but you can choose other options as well. Note that at first your ability to react to posts, once you get it, will be severely limited; over time, as you make more posts, the limit on number of likes you can make each day grows. This is to encourage participation by posting and commenting. There are discussions about this in the Tips and Tricks forum, at the top of the home page for this site.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Explorer10cs said:

Nice/ that is a good advantage. Ever get anything/ STI?

The PrEP provider does the tri-monthly testing, but since I possess a proclivity (or three) that carries more risk of the lesser bugs, I get tested monthly for those.  Once in a while I do catch one, and it gets treatment for it within a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months.  Of course, the more active one is sexually, the greater the chances of picking up something.  

Any guy that's sexually active should assume that he's going to pick up one of the lesser bugs (assuming he's on PrEP) at some point, and get tested regularly for them.  The sooner we get them treated, the better - right?

Edited by hntnhole
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 4:41 AM, Explorer10cs said:

If I am sucking dick almost daily and some new ones in between. Should I go on prep? I don’t do anything else but suck a lot of dick.

Didn't see it mentioned here, but although Truvada PrEP is very safe, it is processed through the kidneys so if there's not a good reason to be on it (you are really at risk of HIV) I'm unsure you should. Oral sex is considered extremely safe HIV wise so I'd be totally on the fence here.  I guess Descovy PrEP is an easier sell, as there are no kidney concerns.

Edited by rawfuckr

13 minutes ago, rawfuckr said:

Didn't see it mentioned here, but although Truvada PrEP is very safe, it is processed through the kidneys so if there's not a good reason to be on it (you are really at risk of HIV) I'm unsure you should. Oral sex is considered extremely safe HIV wise so I'd be totally on the fence here.  I guess Descovy PrEP is an easier sell, as there are no kidney concerns.

As someone who suffered kidney damage from Truvada, I'd make sure to have our blood tested at least quarterly and watch your bloodwork markers for kidney function. Mine snuck up on me after five years of Truvada, when I started to experience a sudden decline in kidney function. I was referred to a nephrologist who took me off of all medications for a month and my kidney function started to return. He took me off Truvada and my kidneys continued to improve but never returned to full functionality. They've been stable since a few months after I came off Truvada, but I'll never regain all the lost function I experienced on it. My doctor told me it isn't unusual for people to be stable for many years and then suddenly start having problems, so keep an eye out.

• Upvote 1

i've only been on Descovy for 2 years and already they just flagged low creatinine levels and want to test my kidneys. i can just imagine what hiv meds will do to them! but i really don't want to go back to condoms if i can help it. ugh. it's always something. anyways, all i can say is personally, i wouldn't get on a prep just to suck dick. but only you can make that choice for yourself. 

2 minutes ago, norefusal said:

i've only been on Descovy for 2 years and already they just flagged low creatinine levels and want to test my kidneys. i can just imagine what hiv meds will do to them! but i really don't want to go back to condoms if i can help it. ugh. it's always something. anyways, all i can say is personally, i wouldn't get on a prep just to suck dick. but only you can make that choice for yourself. 

Actually, I think that the primary concern with HIV medications (both preventatives and treatments) is elevated creatinine levels, not low ones. Creatinine is a waste product produced by your muscles, filtered out by your kidneys. High creatinine levels suggests a problem with kidney function; conversely, low creatinine levels suggest a problem with muscles (dystrophy, liver disease, low protein intake).

• Thanks 2