Attaching photos

7 hours ago, AIDSchaserUK said:

Okay I'm new on this wonderful site but can someone tell me how I can attach photos when messaging another member?

I swaer I'm going round the bend trying to find out how to do this!!

Any help would be much appreciated x

At this point, as a new member, you don't have the privileges of messaging another member at all - photos or not. Private messages are something you earn after a certain amount [not publicly disclosed] of public posting in the forums here. 

• Moderators

There is no way to attach photos directly to a private message. You have to post them in a restricted album in the gallery and attach them, or else attach them as links to photos hosted elsewhere.

You can attach photos directly to a post on someone's activity feed, but that's not private.

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

There is no way to attach photos directly to a private message. You have to post them in a restricted album in the gallery and attach them, or else attach them as links to photos hosted elsewhere.

You can attach photos directly to a post on someone's activity feed, but that's not private.

That's great info! Thank you @viking8x6  I've wondered how to send pics in private messages that I didn't want posted publicly. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Guest Uploading photo said:

Hi I not good at this uploading photo for my profile can anybody give me advice on best way to fo this

I would presume that you can't upload a profile photo as a guest, because guests, by definition, don't have active accounts to which the photo can be attached.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

To attach a photo to your forum post, just use the paperclip tool in the lower left, or the "Other Media" button in the lower right, of the post.

Note that there is a disk space limit on your aggregate attachments. You can get around this by posting your images in the galleries and then attaching them to the post. It can be rather finicky to get this to work, but the basic idea is to use the "Insert Existing Attachment" choice from the "Other Media" button, and then select your gallery image as the source.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.