Trouble logging into BBRT w/VPN on......

ellentonboy

Hoping to get some input from other BZ members.  For the last week or so, I have been signing in and out of my BBRT profile.  One interesting point, if I turn on my VPN (and I have Malwarebytes for my McBook Air) I  get an error message which reads "The owners of this website has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address in a (9009) from accessing this website.  Now if I turn the VPN off, I have no problem logging in.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here?  I would think if the owner had an issue with me he would have just banned me completely, especially from my home IP address which I have had for several years.  I am NOT good with computers, or these kinds of issues, so if anyone can shed some light on what might be going on, or what may happen in the near future, I would appreciate it.

For the record, I have had no issue with the owner, no communication from him that I had done something wrong.   I live in Florida which may be part of the issue.  But why let me in any old way, but not with a VPN???  

Anyone know????

I've had the same problem using NordVPN. My guess is that BBRT has identified blocks of IP addresses that are used by (at least some of) the various VPN services and blocked them.

It's not you - it's the IP address from the VPN that's blocked.

Now, as to WHY BBRT has decided to block VPN access, I can't say - as you probably know, the owner is notoriously opaque about customer service issues, and complaining about anything is usually a shortcut to being banned.

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I've had the same problem using NordVPN. My guess is that BBRT has identified blocks of IP addresses that are used by (at least some of) the various VPN services and blocked them.

It's not you - it's the IP address from the VPN that's blocked.

Now, as to WHY BBRT has decided to block VPN access, I can't say - as you probably know, the owner is notoriously opaque about customer service issues, and complaining about anything is usually a shortcut to being banned.

Considering it was Barebackrt.com, and no other site that was blocking me, I figured it had something to do with the owner.   Now I haven't had any problems or issues with the owner, I have been on there for years and I haven't complained or done anything  to piss him off.  I do know, however, that lately he has been banning a number of long time members for various  issues.  I have tried not to "rock the boat".  I figured it was not directed at me, but was a way for him to keep those out that he previously had issues with.  When I turn the VPN off, I can sign on with no issues.  The whole thing struck me as odd, I had become comfortable with using the VPN, now I will just turn it off when I want to go onto BBRT. That added layer of privacy, if there is such a thing anymore, made me feel somewhat better considering I have been hacked, and had devices ruined.  Needless to say I don't want to relive that again.

Thank you for responding, btw.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

If you could tell us where the VPN assigned IP is located that could shed some light on the issue. To find that out type: what is my IP into Google. It might be an IP from a country that has restrictions on certain sites.

Sure I use Malwarebytes for my MacBook Air and my VPN is set for New York City, actually downtown Manhattan.  I purchased it awhile back and it wasn't until this week that when the VPN is turned on, I can't sign in.  Again I found it so strange I can sign directly in if I turn the VPN off.  I think the owner is trying to keep a number of former members off the site, so maybe he feels this is just a way to keep a large number of banned Apple computer users off BBRT.

Funny, if I happen to go on Nastykinkpigs and forget the VPN is turned on, I get hit up by so many New Yorkers.  I guess they don't bother to read the profile that clearly states I live in Florida.  At least I get to look at pics of some very hot men - lol.   

Thanks for responding.

22 minutes ago, Alaric said:

I used to have a paid subscription with BBRTS until they started messing around with VPN blocks. Their choice, mine also. I no longer pay as its scope of candidates is poor nowadays.

I haven't paid in a long time, I will on occasion if I am going to travel and may want to meet as many guys as possible in a short period of time.  However, the majority of the time I use the free service and if I can't get laid after sending out 30 some messages I have a problem.  Usually the free version works fine for me, I live in a tourist area so there are always new people visiting the area.

What struck as as odd was that I had the VPN for months, I purchased it for another reason unrelated to BBRT.  It wasn't until this week that the block suddenly appeared.  I thought it was something in my setting but only BBRT was giving me an issue.  Now that I understand it was not directed at me personally, I'll use the site, but I doubt I'll give him my money anytime soon.

have a good one!

3 hours ago, topblkmale said:

If you could tell us where the VPN assigned IP is located that could shed some light on the issue. To find that out type: what is my IP into Google. It might be an IP from a country that has restrictions on certain sites.

As noted, my VPN is also blocked, and it's blocked whether I connect through a site in Colorado, California, or Illinois. I think it's much more likely that it's a case of BBRT blocking VPNs, or at least certain VPNs.