Best dating apps?

What apps or websites would you guys recommend for meeting men to date? I'm here and on BBRT, Scruff and all the other sites/apps used for sex but I'd like to meet someone without having to necessarily fuck first. You know, coffee and chat. A quick Google search returns to usual names (Match, OKCupid, Hinge, etc), some of which I've used in the past, but I'm not sure which services are the most active these days. Thoughts? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

There are no good dating apps. Hookup apps, filled with ghosts and "generosity seekers", yes. But dating, not so much. Best way to meet guys is to get out in the community. Atlanta has a lot of great places still to socialize and meet and strong groups, including Atlanta Dominion (BDSM), League of Atlanta Pups (pups/furries), and Kink Down South. I met my husband, totally by chance, at Furry Weekend Atlanta (FWA).

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Dating apps?  Did you say "dating"?  I thought I was cynical 15 years ago when I would read some of the profiles and guys would be looking for their "soul mates".  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I thought the purpose of the majority of apps was to "hook up", not to "date".  I hope I am wrong, and some very informed BZ poster will come along and point out various sites that cater to guys who want to "date", but so far I have not found any.

I know this sounds "old fashioned" but I noticed posters mentioning "getting out into the community" and I believe that is the best way.  Today's apps were designed for a particular purpose and it's not to find your "life partner", that's for sure.

• Like 2

this may sound twisted but i'm going to say the Meet Up app. unlike those proposing to be "dating" or "hook up" sites, it's still exactly the same. sometimes it leads to sex. sometimes it leads to friendship. at a min it's a couple of hrs you left the solitude of home and interacted w other live men. 

it also leads to interesting dilemmas like what kind of costume does one wear to a halloween party hosted by a nudist group? i've picked up guys at halloween parties before but this was the first time i hooked up at a party, as part of a group action situation 😜

• Thanks 1

I know it isn't true most places, but a majority of men on the hookup sites here in Portland claim to be looking or open to LTR or at least an ongoing FWB situation. It varies by app, but A4A is probably over 90% guys that claim to be looking for a LTR a lot of them will put in the text that they aren't looking for hookups.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments, guys. Interesting ideas—especially the Meetup option! Lol. As I recall from the last time I was on an actual “dating” app (in another city), I saw a lot of the guys I knew from BBRT. I knew their kinks, cock sizes, HIV statuses, etc. ahead of time. And in some cases, I’d already had their nut in my hole. Still, I did find it interesting meeting them in a less sexualized setting.