nothing ...

hntnhole

... to eat.  Only starvation ...

Yes, that huge container ship tore down the bridge ... sadly, there were a handful of deaths involved (at least reported).  The cargo was insured, can be replaced, the bridge will be rebuilt, etc.

At the same time, planes attempting to deliver food to thousands and thousands of our fellow human beings via parachute, quite literally starving to death, desperate to find some shred of anything edible to feed their skeleton-children, drowned in the Mediterranean, when a number of those parachutes were blown off course over the sea.  

I see no excuse for this continuing state of affairs in Gaza.  There is simply no excuse for thousands and thousands of skeleton-children, within days of passing of starvation.  Their parents are equally hungry, with no chance to effect any change in their circumstances.  There is simply no excuse available for this ongoing human tragedy.  Our domestic, quadrennial political carryings-on are sucking all the air out of our collective consciousness, while thousands upon thousands starve to death - needlessly.  Pointlessly.  

I know the US has been supporting the State of Israel since it's inception.  I know that fact has prevented Israel's probable extinction, and I'm glad for that.  On that plane of discussion, I support the position of the US.  But.  There is simply no excuse whatsoever for allowing this human tragedy to continue.  Airplanes dropping parcels of food via parachutes is, at the very least, something, but not anywhere near close enough to what is so desperately needed.  It doesn't matter if they pray to some Deity we're unfamiliar with.  It doesn't matter if they live their lives differently than we do. 

These miserable, wretched, starving victims deserve the most basic needs of existence, merely because they're fellow human beings, and whether we here in the US are preoccupied with our domestic dramas or not.  

• Like 2