"I'm not into politics"

BootmanLA

7 hours ago, SugarCaneDaddy said:

their word and their word only

That's partially true, with the exception of current office-holders.  When a politician has held office, and is seeking reelection, we have his/her voting record to judge them by;  what they've actually done, as well as (admittedly the far less weighty) what they say they're going to do.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hntnhole said:

That's partially true, with the exception of current office-holders.  When a politician has held office, and is seeking reelection, we have his/her voting record to judge them by;  what they've actually done, as well as (admittedly the far less weighty) what they say they're going to do.   

Or when they're seeking higher office after holding a lower one. Someone who's got a record as a state representative as an anti-gay activist, for instance, is highly unlikely to suddenly become an LGBT ally running for Congress, or Governor, or whatever.

• Like 1

I AM into politics. I have been since my teen years. Many of my political views would shock most on this forum. But I am also gay. I will vote against any candidate who expresses anti LGBT views, no matter which party he is in. Just as I WILL vote against any candidate who is anti 2nd Amendment. As for my personal life, I have friends who range from extremely right wing to avowed communists. Everyone has a right to their opinions. When it comes to sex I really don't give a damn about my partner's politics. All I care about is how sweet their ass or pussy is. It is not my place to try to dictate their political views. Live and let live.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ktopper said:

When it comes to sex I really don't give a damn about my partner's politics. All I care about is how sweet their ass or pussy is. It is not my place to try to dictate their political views. Live and let live.

People should do what works for them. That said, my ass is one of the most precious things I've got, and while I'm happy to share it with lots of people, that doesn't include ones who would vote for candidates who'd happily imprison said ass. Or who'd vote for any number of other right-wing politicians who would cheerfully vote to harm my community or others whom I care about. They don't deserve me.

• Like 4

On 5/2/2024 at 9:39 PM, BootmanLA said:

People should do what works for them. That said, my ass is one of the most precious things I've got, and while I'm happy to share it with lots of people, that doesn't include ones who would vote for candidates who'd happily imprison said ass. Or who'd vote for any number of other right-wing politicians who would cheerfully vote to harm my community or others whom I care about. They don't deserve me.

If he would vote for a candidate who would happily imprison your ass then he is voting for a candidate who would also imprison HIS stupid ass. IOW he is insane, I try to stay away from crazy people.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:26 AM, BootmanLA said:

From time to time I see this inane phrase in a person's profile, or in a posting somewhere, and it makes me want to strangle them. Because they're also the ones complaining, all the time, about how much this or that part of their job sucks, or how expensive rent has gotten where they live, or how much insurance or health care costs, and it's always blamed on "them"  - whoever "them" is.

I saw something today that encapsulates the appropriate response:

You're not into politics? Well, your employer is. Your landlord is. Your insurance company is. Your doctor and your local hospital are.

They get involved. They vote. They make sure that the people who can DO something about the problems you see DON'T do something about them. What "I'm not into politics" really means is "I don't care enough about my problems to do anything but complain about them."

Wait, aren;t you that one who's always cheering me being banned for saying the truth? And you're terrified of an unadulterated debate with some guy who lives 6,000 miles away from ya....

And you think other people should be strangled?

On 5/6/2024 at 11:27 AM, KERVORKIANjack said:

Wait, aren;t you that one who's always cheering me being banned for saying the truth? And you're terrified of an unadulterated debate with some guy who lives 6,000 miles away from ya....

And you think other people should be strangled?

Reading comprehension does not appear, at first glance, to be your strong suit; I'm not sure about where you live, but adult remedial reading skills courses are available in most English-speaking places. Might be something to consider.

1. No, I am not "always cheering" you for being banned - if you get banned, it's due to your own behavior, and I assume it's a penalty handed out by the moderators responsibly.

2. I'm not terrified of much; certainly not of debate with anyone.

3. No, I do not think other people "should" be strangled. Perhaps you do not understand the English language idiom "makes me want to..." - it means that a particular person, action, saying, or whatever makes one WANT to do something (that one nevertheless won't do, and would not want actually done).

As in "That child's screaming makes me want to slap his parents to get their attention." As in "People who drive like that make me want to shove their car into a compactor." As in "Some people are so frustratingly dumb that it makes me want to strangle them just to marginally improve the gene pool."

It is not intended as a suggestion for a serious course of action.