Impending tragedy

hntnhole

It seems that the likelihood of a serious blunder is taking shape in the Middle East, with increasing likelihood on an hourly basis.  

The age-old game of tit-for-tat between Iran and Israel is getting to the point of really serious trouble breaking out, dragging the US (by virtue of our tight diplomatic ties to Israel) with substantial attacks on each other's sovereign territory.  The heat has been building, gradually, and nothing good can come of this mess at all.  

While I've made no secret of my view on troubles in the Levant, this time it seems that Iran is stirring the pot more than Israel, despite the attack on Iranian leaders a few days ago.  What would seem to me to be a better course of action, would be to assuage the hellish nightmare of serial starvation, gradual, systematic denial of the most basic needs to survive to the unfortunate innocents in/around Rafah, rather than more and more military attacks.  

If /when a general war breaks out, I can already hear the screaming for US military involvement echoing through the halls of Congress.  And, that might sink Mr. Biden's hopes, as well as the hopes and prayers of millions of decent-minded American citizens.  Not to mention, of course, the hopes and prayers of the Ukrainians. 

Meanwhile, the boy-blunder ran a quick side-trip to the architectural disgrace known as MagaBlargo to kiss something completely unmentionable - even here on BZ !!  

I hope some of you guys that don't give a hoot can explain to others how to learn not to give a hoot.  It's exhausting.  

But, for a smile:  I saw a demonstration by very angry women somewhere on tv.  One woman had a sign saying "Women (and their friends):  Remember in Roevember".  I think it would make a good t-shirt too.  First phrase on the front, last phrase on the back.  Short, slightly humorous, and right to the point.