Session

Hi, not sure if this is the right area for this but am wondering if people on here use the messaging service Session?

a few guys have asked if I do, but am not sure if it is a good thing or not.

Any views/commebts would be appeciated.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, chaserslut said:

I got it the other day on request from a poz guy. New to the app so interested in this thread. 

am not sure whether to down load it or not, would need to use it on both PC and tablet.

how have you found it so far?

1 minute ago, rublthlad said:

am not sure whether to down load it or not, would need to use it on both PC and tablet.

how have you found it so far?

Pretty easy to use. You are just given a code that’s you, no phone number or email or anything. You chat code to code.  

2 minutes ago, chaserslut said:

Pretty easy to use. You are just given a code that’s you, no phone number or email or anything. You chat code to code.  

sounds promising, not giving out phone/email is good thats one reason am not on telegram

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rublthlad said:

sounds promising, not giving out phone/email is good thats one reason am not on telegram

not on telegram as well, but I'm considering this "Session" I have to read some in-deep documentation

3 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

not on telegram as well, but I'm considering this "Session" I have to read some in-deep documentation

not keen on telegram, but this sounds promising, be interested to hear what you think of it

11 minutes ago, rublthlad said:

not keen on telegram, but this sounds promising, be interested to hear what you think of it

You know and trust me, so if I ever find something interesting, it's because it's actually interesting LOL

3 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

You know and trust me, so if I ever find something interesting, it's because it's actually interesting LOL

Yes and you have a good knowledge of IT too which makes your views on the siftware very valuable

16 hours ago, AirmaxUK said:

Interesting review here: [think before following links] [think before following links] https://restoreprivacy.com/secure-encrypted-messaging-apps/session/

Particularly the last part about it being based in Australia and Australian Privacy Laws. 

Yes good review, not sure how the law element fits in if your outside of Australia.

Session is good -  open source, cryptographically secure, uses standard protocols, censorship resistant, and easy to use. There are more secure solutions out there like TOX, but session is in the sweet spot of being easy to use and cryptographically secure, but more  anonymous than  solutions like Telegram or Signal. I have it on my mac, pc and tablet. [think before following links] https://getsession.org

Session ID: 059082f9439ee7f9db6c8be9d0ae93614ef0463fadd43bf9a333d2d4403235550a

1 hour ago, rublthlad said:

Yes good review, not sure how the law element fits in if your outside of Australia.

I'm less worried about this, since it is open source. Yes the project code is hosted by an Australian organization, but the moment that Australian specific code enters it will be taken out or the project forked to a new project based on the old code to avoid any Australian government oversight.  As for the use cases of communicating for the most part  anonymously, it fits the bill - however I am still not doing or condoning illegal communication over session.

Edited by DilfSub

2 hours ago, DilfSub said:

I'm less worried about this, since it is open source. Yes the project code is hosted by an Australian organization, but the moment that Australian specific code enters it will be taken out or the project forked to a new project based on the old code to avoid any Australian government oversight.  As for the use cases of communicating for the most part  anonymously, it fits the bill - however I am still not doing or condoning illegal communication over session.

Thanks for the info