Nerves???

Dirtysouth

I've only done one random gay hookup.

How do you guys calm your nerves when you go out to fuck randoms?

I have one guy who wants me to come by and use his glory hole.

And I have some guy in the Quarter who wants to drink my piss.

And I've got the room # of an Anon Pump n Dump for tomorrow after 5pm.

But somehow I think if I just went down to one of the bars during Southern Decadence

and braved the rain, I'd just drink a few beers, get comfy, and get in on the action.

Does practice make perfect? And to be honest a part of me is afraid of running into a random person I know. I don't judge, but I worry about the privacy. Is that bad and hypocritical?

I still get nervious after all these years, you really don't know who you are meeting specially off a hookup site. Public places like the baths and such I get nervious too going, but once there i'm okay, you know everyone there is there for the same reason, to fuck.

But it isn't really an issue for me these days, don't get all that much action were I live.

As a top though, I guess I'm nervous. What if an ANON isn't really an ANON, more of a setup or something?

A setup for what, exactly? No laws are being broken, unless money's changing hands. Sodomy laws went out the window with Lawrence v. Texas. And if someone in your family or at work really wants to know if you're messing around with guys, there are a hell of a lot easier ways to go about it than manufacturing some hookup online.

Fundamentally though, it's a question of what's stronger. Your horniness or your fear of potential consequences. Guys come out of the closet in the first place because all of the other considerations (wanting to fuck other guys, yes, but also integrity, being tired of sneaking around all the time, etc.) outweighs any fears of how people will react.

And a lot of guys actually get off on the thrill that comes with overcoming those fears. It's the same reason we get off on other stupid shit like riding motorcycles or skydiving.

Being nervous come with the territory. Dont worry about being nervous. I think all tops suffer from performance anxiety of some type. Practice (as in fucking/hooking up often) does help. I also try my best to cull the candidates before I decide on whom Im going to fuck. For instance, I really avoid west hollywood boys like the plague. I also rarely fuck white men (I find 8 out of 10 to be judgemental). I dont like when I read a profile and theres a list of "wants". My personal most disliked "want" is when the bottoms says they "want" a confident, dominate top. Ok Im confident and Im kinda dominate, but if youve already visualized what exact type of top youre looking for, then Im probably not going to meet your expectations. So be picky, ask questions. youre the top you can do that.