The roots of Fetishwear

Elsewhere on this site, @Lucienblack88 and @Morgar666 debated about how wearing rubbergear put him in a particular headspace in contrast to what you might normally wear day-to-day or at your job.

I've always thought that what you wear helps with how you feel. Rubber - Leather - Tradie/Workie/Hivis - Sportswear.

A moment of reflection and I recalled that as a kid I loved a TV programme in the UK called Mr Benn.  (Anyone remember that? It's on YouTube for the curious)  Each episode Mr Benn visited a shop and tried on an outfit and 'became' that person and had an adventure.   I guess that idea stuck in my mind...

As a teen I attended a very sporty school, but wasn't athletic myself. I used to 'forget' my gym kit or rugby kit on purpose so I'd have to borrow someone else's and pretend for a moment I am them...  Maybe that was half of it - the other half I expect was the pheromones...

As an adult I like to wear both my own gear and borrowed gear from other guys and let my imagination take over.  For a few hours I can immerse myself in the masculinity of being a Railway Worker, a Biker, an Ice Hockey Goalie, or a Rugby Player...    

Anyone relate to this or am I barking mad? 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Piggy 1

59 minutes ago, AirmaxUK said:

these are not mutually exclusive. 😜

yes, i totally relate. and if that makes me barking mad too, all i can say is "woof" 🐶

@AirmaxUK thanks for the shout out! I have a couple thoughts while unpacking this, that first is when sissy’s wear women’s clothing or something effeminate, it helps aid them with the headspace. In contrast, it seems you did not want to be a rugby player, or dress up to be a make believe one, perhaps you wanted to be the guys who wore those uniforms, smell them. Maybe some role playing, but seems there’s deeper psychological aspects involved. 

I’ve always been attracted to shiny clothing, I don’t know where it comes from. My best guess is seeing a catsuit for the 1st time in a movie as a young boy and my eyes were fixated. Also, I’m sure I saw some shiny hooker boots somewhere as a kid and that stuck out to me. I also was attracted to shiny pvc pool inflatables as a kid. So, collectively it all stuck. 

Edited by Lucienblack88
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, AirmaxUK said:

Elsewhere on this site, @Lucienblack88 and @Morgar666 debated about how wearing rubbergear put him in a particular headspace in contrast to what you might normally wear day-to-day or at your job.

I've always thought that what you wear helps with how you feel. Rubber - Leather - Tradie/Workie/Hivis - Sportswear.

A moment of reflection and I recalled that as a kid I loved a TV programme in the UK called Mr Benn.  (Anyone remember that? It's on YouTube for the curious)  Each episode Mr Benn visited a shop and tried on an outfit and 'became' that person and had an adventure.   I guess that idea stuck in my mind...

As a teen I attended a very sporty school, but wasn't athletic myself. I used to 'forget' my gym kit or rugby kit on purpose so I'd have to borrow someone else's and pretend for a moment I am them...  Maybe that was half of it - the other half I expect was the pheromones...

As an adult I like to wear both my own gear and borrowed gear from other guys and let my imagination take over.  For a few hours I can immerse myself in the masculinity of being a Railway Worker, a Biker, an Ice Hockey Goalie, or a Rugby Player...    

What an great topic - and so relatable.

Last October, I was invited to a birthday party in Manchester with a World War II theme. I opted for a Royal Air Force uniform because it’s always been “a thing” for me ever since childhood. The uniform - an officer’s obvs - included a genuine WWII cap. The moment I put it on I felt bloody marvellous - and looked it (I know you saw the pictures, @AirmaxUK). As you say, I basked in the masculinity of that uniform. And of those who’d worn it before me. Maybe it even held on to the remnants of their spirits. Who knows?

Even more interestingly, was the reaction of others. After the party, I deliberately walked back through the gay village to my hotel. I’m not usually one to turn heads in the gay village (though not stomachs either, I hope) but on this occasion I was like a Snickers bar thrown over the wall of a fat camp. All eyes were on me and a couple of drag queens pulled me into a bar for a drink. It was quite extraordinary. Did it get me laid that night? I leave that to your imaginations.

Naturally, I didn’t want to take the damned thing off!

• Like 2

I can't necessarily relate to wanting to be someone else but I totally get that certain gear puts you in a specific headspace. I love real leather, and neoprene, for me its completely sensory. I love how it feels and I absolutely adore the smell.

Put me in a harness, put a collar on me then hood me and I am a very happy puppy!

I understand about gear putting guys into a certain headspace. In my own case it’s leather - I always have at least one piece of leather on at all times, no matter where I am.  It gives me a feeling of sexiness and confidence and I love the way I look and feel and smell wearing leather pants or boots and a harness or armbands/gauntlets to work (frequently under work clothes, I mean it’s not for everyone so it might make some people very uncomfortable, which would be inappropriate and unprofessional in a work situation but iykyk) and even to the grocery store, sometimes showing but other times only I have the secret thrill of knowing it’s there…

Edited by Qban
  • Like 2
  • Piggy 1

On 8/3/2024 at 12:41 AM, Qban said:

I understand about gear putting guys into a certain headspace. In my own case it’s leather - I always have at least one piece of leather on at all times, no matter where I am.  It gives me a feeling of sexiness and confidence and I love the way I look and feel and smell wearing leather pants or boots and a harness or armbands/gauntlets to work (frequently under work clothes, I mean it’s not for everyone so it might make some people very uncomfortable, which would be inappropriate and unprofessional in a work situation but iykyk) and even to the grocery store, sometimes showing but other times only I have the secret thrill of knowing it’s there…

I usually find that wearing a buttplug does the same ...

• Piggy 1

I think it began with early Americans and the Founding Fathers. Always so eager and proud to jump into a wig and powdered make up and high heeled shoes….Those old [banned word] would be lip syncing the constitution today

On 8/3/2024 at 9:29 PM, BBArchangel said:

I think it began with early Americans and the Founding Fathers. Always so eager and proud to jump into a wig and powdered make up and high heeled shoes….Those old [banned word] would be lip syncing the constitution today

Where do you think that comes from? We in the US inherited almost all our customs from our mother country- England. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, Lucienblack88 said:

@AirmaxUK thanks for the shout out! I have a couple thoughts while unpacking this, that first is when sissy’s wear women’s clothing or something effeminate, it helps aid them with the headspace. In contrast, it seems you did not want to be a rugby player, or dress up to be a make believe one, perhaps you wanted to be the guys who wore those uniforms, smell them. Maybe some role playing, but seems there’s deeper psychological aspects involved. 

I’ve always been attracted to shiny clothing, I don’t know where it comes from. My best guess is seeing a catsuit for the 1st time in a movie as a young boy and my eyes were fixated. Also, I’m sure I saw some shiny hooker boots somewhere as a kid and that stuck out to me. I also was attracted to shiny pvc pool inflatables as a kid. So, collectively it all stuck. 

i feel that the shiny skin tight later serves to transform a person into a doll. It is stimulating both for the viewer and the wearer. Perhaps it serves to dehumanize the wearer so that it frees them from the normal "human" behavior and allows them to indulge in some fantasies that are more [banned word].

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 4:01 PM, Morgar666 said:

i feel that the shiny skin tight later serves to transform a person into a doll. It is stimulating both for the viewer and the wearer. Perhaps it serves to dehumanize the wearer so that it frees them from the normal "human" behavior and allows them to indulge in some fantasies that are more [banned word].

For me I am not sure about the doll analogy but I can relate to freeing from normal human behaviour. 

4 hours ago, AirmaxUK said:

For me I am not sure about the doll analogy but I can relate to freeing from normal human behaviour. 

i am sure it's different for everyone but personally, i feel there's something really primal about a faceless object, a mixture of fear and attraction.