Drug tests from work?

I have no idea what these two things have to do with each other. Semen can be addictive but it doesn't usually show up on a blood test. Are you in the wrong forum?

Edited by greo

I'm subject to random drug tests as part of my job, but I've never been asked for one and I don't worry about it too much because if they actually started instituting random drug screenings for their employees, I'm fairly certain they'd be letting 90% of their workforce go. As long as I perform well at work, I don't think they care what I get up to in my off hours, really. :shrug:

46 minutes ago, greo said:

I have no idea what these two things have to do with each other. Semen can be addictive but it doesn't usually show up on a blood test. Are you in the wrong forum?

Maybe he's getting at how some people combine drug use with sex? I'm subject to random testing and that's one of the reasons I don't try poppers.

During my work experiences I visited quite a few mining sites.. they all had a no drug/alcohol policy on site and did urine tests of all staff and most visitors (me). All to do with occupational health and safety. Prescribed medicines were ok.

Classically testing was done for THC.  Now with it legal in so many areas and countries with less consequences than alcohol; what is the motivation?  

The last employer I worked for had an official policy about random drug testing.  But I never heard actual accounts of that being done.  

• Like 1

The motivation for drug testing programs is to make sure that the people who do drugs have their shit under control. If you’re clever enough to pass or can take enough time off to pass, then you’re not a liability. I know from having had to implement one many years ago at work. Funny thing was I ended up hoisted by my own petard when my consultant assignment was cancelled due to my testing positive for thc. Meanwhile the entire Human Resources department was buying weed from me. Lolol

Anyone working in the transportation industry (trucking, rail or air) is required by federal law to be part of an active drug/alcohol testing program (U.S., Canada and Mexico).  This included, pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, return-to-duty, and follow-up testing.  There is  a zero tolerance rule and  one was fails any test will be immediately removed from the safety-sensitive duties (aka: no job) and have an extremely difficult time finding new work after they complete the substance abuse program (SAP).  THC is a prohibited substance, so regardless of the state rules on it, no use or expect to lose one’s job.

Myself (in transportation), means no illegal drugs or coming to work under the influence of alcohol within the 8hrs of the last drink.  I might like the effects of the stimulation of the drugs or alcohol during sex, but the short and long-term effects of money far outweigh any sexual related quick term effects from drugs or alcohol.