Chlamydia in rectum but nowhere else?

Had my PrEP checkup and they found chlamydia in my rectum but not in my throat or urine. So, can it be transmitted if I'm the Top or is it likely it's just local to my butthole? 

• Moderators

It is localized to your anal area. It can be transmitted by contact with that area, which could happen during sex even if you were mainly in the top role. For example, sometimes the bottom will rim the top as part of foreplay...

My preference in such cases is to notify all of my sex partners (where possible) and let them decide their own comfort zones.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

It is localized to your anal area. It can be transmitted by contact with that area, which could happen during sex even if you were mainly in the top role. For example, sometimes the bottom will rim the top as part of foreplay...

I am curious to know if there is a possibility that chlamydia could be transmitted via touching - for example, someone could get it from masturbating a partner and then forgetting to wash afterwards, and touching their rectum? Not trying to be strange or rude, just genuinely questioning. 

57 minutes ago, Poz50something said:

Yes it is transmitted by touch.  More often than not that is via fucking.  But indeed the chance is there if the virus is on the surface; and depending upon the nature of your sex play; obviously that is possible.  

A regular cadence of STI testing is always a good idea for us barebackers; pretty much in proportion to our number of partners.  It's never a good idea to assume that our bareback buds only have sex with us.  Like above, it's certainly possible but odds are better our sex mates are physically exclusive.  

• Thanks 1