Video Upload - probably redundant

I promise I did try to find a relevant and current thread on this topic so apologize if I missed it.

I've attempted several times to upload a video.  I at first received the size constraint and reduced the file size far below the actual limit and still received the error message.  I tried a very small video file and still was unable to upload.

I've tried this both while posting a Topic, as well as creating an album.

I can't tell if this is no longer a feature or if there is something I'm doing wrong.  Help? 🙂 Will pay you back with a good video.

IIRC, long ago (I’m thinking like 10+ years ago) it was possible to upload video to your gallery but I believe it was disabled for three reasons: (i) hosting video files massively increases the hosting and bandwidth requirements (and thus site running costs), (ii) video comes with a lot more moderation and copyright headaches as well as increasing the likelihood of DCMA takedown notices, (iii) raw top launched a separate tube site for video posting (raunchyfuckers) but that’s since gone into abeyance.

On 9/9/2024 at 4:19 AM, PozToxVersPig said:

I must have misread.  There were a variety of articles about video upload, and it does seem to support the workflow but then always says your video is too large.  My misunderstanding! 🙂

There's one way around it. You could submit it to a site (with whatever edits you need), then post the link here.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.