Not voting because Harris is a woman?

tallslenderguy

33 minutes ago, barefucker44 said:

Trump will not do that.  First of all he had gays in his previous administration.  If Comrad K is elected it will be the end of this country as the founders intended in my opinion.   Right now I am confident Trump will be elected.  I pray for that every day.

Hey Barefucker44,

how about us having a hot fuck session after we debate who’s better for the county. In my opinion that’s Kamala. Love to have a hot hate-fuck session with you as I tell you Trumps gonna lose big time .  Better yet after the election who ever wins you can fuck me if that’s trump, or I get to own your ass for a night of its Kamala 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Norcalfukkr said:

Hey Barefucker44,

how about us having a hot fuck session after we debate who’s better for the county. In my opinion that’s Kamala. Love to have a hot hate-fuck session with you as I tell you Trumps gonna lose big time .  Better yet after the election who ever wins you can fuck me if that’s trump, or I get to own your ass for a night of its Kamala 

Your on bud.  Thanks

1 hour ago, barefucker44 said:

Trump will not do that.  First of all he had gays in his previous administration.  If Comrad K is elected it will be the end of this country as the founders intended in my opinion.   Right now I am confident Trump will be elected.  I pray for that every day.

He had A gay. One openly gay man among thousands of appointees. And that one was (and is) just as much a fascist as Trump is.

Regardless, it's Trump's Supreme Court that will eventually overturn Lawrence v. Texas, just like it was his appointees who overturned Roe v. Wade. They'll also overturn (or severely limit) Obergefell, not that I suspect you give a damn about that one. 

13 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

He had A gay. One openly gay man among thousands of appointees. And that one was (and is) just as much a fascist as Trump is.

Regardless, it's Trump's Supreme Court that will eventually overturn Lawrence v. Texas, just like it was his appointees who overturned Roe v. Wade. They'll also overturn (or severely limit) Obergefell, not that I suspect you give a damn about that one. 

It is unlikely to be an issue.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2024 at 10:50 AM, tallslenderguy said:

Did think it interesting that Obama brought the topic to the surface, though i find it interesting he targeted Black Men instead of just sexism in general. 

This is the issue I take with his stance. If he wants to address sexism, I'm all for it. There are plenty of people who aren't voting for the Vice President because she's a woman. But those people span all races and nationalities. There are even some women who won't vote for her because she's female.

But Obama's approach was problematic from my POV because it assumes the following:

1. Black males that aren't voting for her are doing it because she's a woman
  2. Black males would automatically vote for a democrat otherwise
  3. The democratic candidate is owed the black vote by default
  4. The issues that all Americans are dealing with, including struggling to pay their bills and keep their heads above water, should take a back seat to the expectation that the Democratic candidate will win the overwhelming majority of the black vote

On top of that, there's the issue of democracy shaming. We all have the right to cast our ballot for the candidate of our choice. People who vote third party, and third party candidates, are often blamed for losses on either side. The fact of the matter is that candidates have to earn our votes, and if Harris, Trump or whoever else doesn't appeal to voters, it's their own fault.

I acknowledge that I'm approaching this issue as a white guy, so my perspective might not hold as much weight here. I'm voting for Harris because I think she's slightly less horrible than Donald Trump. But if the election weren't so close here in Virginia, I'd be writing in Cornell West as my pick.

1 hour ago, barefucker44 said:

I don’t know what are you taking about…

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

And yet a Democratic president is the only even faint hope we have for any pressure to be put on Israel to moderate its attacks. Trump has already clearly signaled he's for letting Israel wipe the Palestinians off the map - his own son-in-law has mused about making an Israeli beachfront resort from the Gaza Strip, and Trump gave a green light during his term to a vast expansion of settlements into the West Bank territories.

One of these two - Harris or Trump - is going to be the next president. Do you want the worse one, or the less-than-worse one?

There is no effective difference between the parties in terms of Israel. Biden just acts like he wants to do something....but it's clear he's okay with it because the weapons and money keep flowing,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, danolivaw said:

There is no effective difference between the parties in terms of Israel. Biden just acts like he wants to do something....but it's clear he's okay with it because the weapons and money keep flowing,

lol.  Trump will increase weapons to Israel to help Netanyahu “finish the job.”  The goal is eradication of Palestinians.  Israel has made attacks in the West Bank and other neighboring countries.  And developers want the property in the Gaza Strip.  The only thing we don’t know is what, materially, Trump gets out of it.  I’m guessing land in Jared’s name.  

Regardless, Netanyahu wants Trump, so let Trump win if you want what Netanyahu wants.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, curiousaboutbb said:

Another Trump administration will end this country! Being gay will become illegal and this site will be gone. If you care about any of that, you will vote Kamala. Period.

Project 2025 changes everything with a Supreme Court that suddenly finds everything Christian Nationalists want constitutional.  Next Trump Administration ends the EPA, gives us Russia style anti-gay bills, nationwide abortion bans (and fuck maternal mortality), ending all protests with bullets.  Trump wants cops to harass black and brown people constantly.  

And Trump just announced one of the authors is in his administration—again—should it happen.

I get being in a TikTok or YouTube algorithm state where you’re getting fed pro-Trump propaganda, but you got to be able to see the shit for shit.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, NEDenver said:

Project 2025 changes everything with a Supreme Court that suddenly finds everything Christian Nationalists want constitutional.  Next Trump Administration ends the EPA, gives us Russia style anti-gay bills, nationwide abortion bans (and fuck maternal mortality), ending all protests with bullets.  Trump wants cops to harass black and brown people constantly.  

And Trump just announced one of the authors is in his administration—again—should it happen.

I get being in a TikTok or YouTube algorithm state where you’re getting fed pro-Trump propaganda, but you got to be able to see the shit for shit.

Which is a total lie! I created a fake account with the Project 2025 website weeks ago to verify if the content was true. None of what you mention above (which is nothing but the copy paste of a bile vomit from the fake news media) is true. All you quoted above is a figment of your imagination. Go ahead and log in to Project 2025 website and produce screenshots of their agenda and post any discriminatory text here if you have the guts. Liberal puppets like preaching without receipts. 

• Downvote 6

6 hours ago, backdoorjimmy said:

This is the issue I take with his stance. If he wants to address sexism, I'm all for it. There are plenty of people who aren't voting for the Vice President because she's a woman. But those people span all races and nationalities. There are even some women who won't vote for her because she's female.

But Obama's approach was problematic from my POV because it assumes the following:

1. Black males that aren't voting for her are doing it because she's a woman
  2. Black males would automatically vote for a democrat otherwise
  3. The democratic candidate is owed the black vote by default
  4. The issues that all Americans are dealing with, including struggling to pay their bills and keep their heads above water, should take a back seat to the expectation that the Democratic candidate will win the overwhelming majority of the black vote

On top of that, there's the issue of democracy shaming. We all have the right to cast our ballot for the candidate of our choice. People who vote third party, and third party candidates, are often blamed for losses on either side. The fact of the matter is that candidates have to earn our votes, and if Harris, Trump or whoever else doesn't appeal to voters, it's their own fault.

I acknowledge that I'm approaching this issue as a white guy, so my perspective might not hold as much weight here. I'm voting for Harris because I think she's slightly less horrible than Donald Trump. But if the election weren't so close here in Virginia, I'd be writing in Cornell West as my pick.

Well said! 

Also, add to the list the “undocumented” migrants that were brought in across the border to replace the black voters who wanted to flee from the democrat plantation. Inner city blacks in Chicago where I live are still are in poverty but the City of Chicago has spent $650 million to house and feed these “undocumented” immigrants over the past two years. Why could the city and the Democrat lawmakers not find the same amount of funds in the previous years to accommodate the homeless in Chicago and vets sleeping on the streets (who at one point paid their taxes and dues to this country as American citizens!) The Democrats will do anything for votes, including importing voters from anywhere across the border. That party is the true threat to democracy! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This post shows part of the problem why black voters (including black women whose support I also waning) are turned off.

This post was about black voters. Instead, we get a bunch of people, mostly dems, deciding there are more important issues to talk about. 

And that’s fine. You get get the advocates of those issues to vote. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

This post shows part of the problem why black voters (including black women whose support I also waning) are turned off.

This post was about black voters. Instead, we get a bunch of people, mostly dems, deciding there are more important issues to talk about. 

And that’s fine. You get get the advocates of those issues to vote. 

@BlackDude

The Sandman came tap dancing to pull black men offstage.

And I'm not voting for the current VP minstrel show.