Hook up sites a joke?

cam1972

• 2 months later...

The hookup sites seem to vary a lot from place to place. Manhunt rocks in London, but BBRT works a lot better for me in NYC or Boston or SF. Grindr was amazing in Greece; those boys are not shy!

I used the word "bareback" in the video chat room on Manhunt the other night (someone asked to see one of my xtube vids) and got the 3rd degree from a whole bunch of 20-somethings. They just went on a tirade (which is easy to do when you're in a chat room and not showing your face). When I told them I'm poz they finally shut up.

On my iPhone I now have six hookup apps: Grindr, Growlr, Manhunt, Mister, Scruff, and u4Bear. Plus the BBRT web site.

I think we need a Cumdumpster site and app so we can get rid of all these others!

Its always hit or miss. craigslist is the worst for flakes and dreamers. I can usually hook up on a4a when I want to. Barebackrt is not my cup-o-tea, too annonymous. I have better luck when the bottom hits on me than when I hit on the bottom. I think thats an eagerness/horniness factor.

I hit on a poz guy in weho the other day. 5'10" bottom. poz. "lookin for right now" 40 years old. I said "nice body" he read it and checked my profile, and didnt respond. I waited 30 minutes and wrote him again I said "ur welcome. good luck getting fucked" he read that also. checked my profile again and didnt respond. Since I consider myself attractive rejection irritates me because I attempt to pick wisely and I usually dont go out of my comfort range. IE I dont hit on 25 year olds, or total narcissists, or the like.

Now when a guy hits on me and Im not in the mood for sex, or Im just checkin mail, etc. I tell them that Im not looking but thanks for the hit up. Im a nice and polite man and that seems to be rare in cyberspace.

The one thing I absolutely hate is the no face pic dudes. You want me to get all interested but you refuse to show me whats gonna greet me at the door when I get to your place?? whats up with that?

viva la Internet. i have a ton of horror stories, slogged thru mountains of lies, enjoyed and reported threats and publicly humiliated several...but i still love the net. between MH, A4A n BBRT, i've had at least a thousand good partners. my skills at reading people's online "tells" have honed nicely, and my unpleasant experiences have dramatically reduced. i found my husband on A4A!

i wish i were in a position to closely detail my adaptations and lessons learned, but this is an arms race i'm afraid. if i tell people how to detect bullshit, the bullshit artists use that to adapt, creating more insidious bullshit. all i can say is: trust ur instincts, not the chip on ur shoulder.

i use to enjoy outdoor sex in parks quite a bit, but since seroconverting it's much harder to pull that off. the guy who will take my load after i tell him i'm HIV+ privately is the same guy who will avoid me in the presence of other cruisers bcuz he thinks he'll be associated with me. as for bars, i was never into them...fun to go to with friends, preposterous to go to for meeting sexual partners. expensive, depressing, loud, and requiring u to be "on" at all points, and very facile.

do what works for u. when i go online hunting, i'm a fukn machine...blasting out come-ons and invites to the four winds. i jump on the first reliable confirmation-with-exact-address (mine or his), block no-call/no shows, block anyone who deletes my messages without reading them, and shamelessly juggle several guys at once until one of them gives a solid confirm. that's MY M.O. i know for a fact some guys have ditched me bcuz on their way here someone they thought was hotter hit them up on Grindr, or someone offered them drugs, or someone offered them a group.

in my case, i'm a specialized fuck: i fuck extremely hard, and can go a long time if i think the bottom can handle it. while this means rejection from many instantly, and rejection from some during an encounter, it also means there's a steady stream of guys wanting a second or third chance...often creating new profiles to contact me from. apparently i have a bit of a legend attached to my name, having been the Savior Top at many group-scenes drowning in party drugs and noodle-dick.

do i take a certain childish enjoyment in downgrading guys chasing after me when they've previously acted flaky? of course i do. :)

just keep in mind that some good friendships n great fucks HAVE resulted from being forgiving. live n learn.

as for bars, i was never into them...fun to go to with friends, preposterous to go to for meeting sexual partners. expensive, depressing, loud, and requiring u to be "on" at all points,

In Wilton Manors, FL there are a few places that have cheap and good drink specials during the week. My favorite are the $3 Thursday night LI iced teas in mason jars at Alibi. 1 will give you a slight buzz, the second will make you paranoid to drive home if you don't pace yourself and drink it over 2 hours. I'm really shy at bars to approach people to talk to so that sucks, plus I'm over 40 which is a senior citizen to young people.

Here in Fort Bottomdale we have Slammers. A nice sex club with a few dark rooms, you just pay a cover to get in, Sat and Sun only $8 before 8 PM. Also if you get a membership you can leave a bottle of liquor there. I buy a 1.75 liter bottle of Vodka to leave there and get about 30 to 40 drinks from it. Just tip the bartenders, the mixers like cranberry juice are free. So it's a bar but you see nudity, and sometimes people will fool around at the bar. Last week the young hispanic bartender got on the bar and let a friend lick his ass, this past week the smoking hot muscle bartender took his nice hard dick out to show the DJ. :grin:

Edited by Pig Bottom

The one thing I absolutely hate is the no face pic dudes. You want me to get all interested but you refuse to show me whats gonna greet me at the door when I get to your place?? whats up with that?

Some people don't want to post their face online. Just last month was the first time I posted mine and it was in sunglasses at a forum which is semi private.

Some people are not out to everyone and don't want others to know they are pigs, or poz on certain sites, etc.

I tried to meet someone just as a friend on a site and he said no unless I sent him a face pic, so I told him I wasn't interested. I've been told I'm cute and I do have a semi cute picture of me, but it looks better than I think I look anyway.

Oh Im the master of being an asshole on those sites. But Im never one first. even the ugliest guys get a 'thanks' in return if they compliment me. I find it really ironic that the gay world is very tilted toward bottoms and versatiles (bottoms in disguise) and then they treat a goodlookin top with a nice dick like a used tampon.

I think most of the attitude one gets online is because the other guy has the insecurities and he's taking it out on someone else.

I like repeat fucks. and I even sometimes get attitude when an idiot hits me up and I say " Im booked up until maybe next friday" If Im online, Im making dates to fuck in the future. You should actually realize that if Im that fuckin booked up then I might be worth the god damn wait....huh?

I am on 3 sites, and usually look at profiles but never hit on or message anyone. I either don't trust people's profiles, or they talk themselves up so much that I don't feel confident about messaging them.

I do way better at the tubs; I am more confident and usually can pull pretty hot guys. Both Mon and Tues nights met young goodlooking guys who after fucking me begged me to take their numbers so we could set up repeat sessions. One shot 3 times: 2 in my ass (but in a condom) and once in my mouth. The other ate me out like a champ and told me how he has always wanted to fist an older man, which unfortunately my ass is too tight for. He asked if even if I didn't want to do that, would I be OK letting him just eat me out and fuck my hole again? So sweet, innocent, and OBLIVIOUS to all the other bottoms. Just my type!

I doubt online I would have gotten anywhere with either.