Gym Sex Etiquette

PozInAZ

A lot of jerking and sucking goes on at my gym in San Francisco; the main thing to watch for is the janitor. There is a sign to the effect that member engaging in behavior management deems "unsuitable" are liable to be kicked out, but I think that means that if you're not hot, out you go...

I think it the most important question is: What kind of gym do I choose? IMHO there are three basic types:

- HARDCORE: Small gym with a tight-knit, dedicated following of muscle freaks. Lots of free weights, it's all about workouts, nutrition (and steroids), bodybuilding competitions. You go there to train, not to cruise.

- STANDARD: Oftentimes a somewhat anonymous chain (cameras!), it has all the necessary equipment and is a pragmatic place to get your workout in. Cruising can happen, but it's usually not tolerated, so it's hit and miss, you got to be lucky.

- MEAT MARKET: Where the steam room and bar area are much nicer than the workout equipment and the place has a reputation as a cruising spot. Usually not the most effective to train because of the distractions, but good for hooking up.

So: check out the gym's reputation, either by asking gay friends directly or online on a gay social network site. Ask for experiences (what happens when you get caught?), how is the cruising / training bias. Choose your gym accordingly (personally I go to the gym to gain muscle, so meat market is not for me). After that just go with the flow.

A lot of jerking and sucking goes on in the locker room of my gym, one time even traded fucks with a guy. It's mainly in the steam room in the men's locker room. I've found that steam rooms that in mens locker rooms, where it's okay to be naked, are really great for sex. Gyms, hotels and cruise ships are all good places to look for them. I've also found that many men are there to play. It'll be the ones who are naked. The best way I've found to attract them is to lightly stroke your cock, kinda like your scratching and adjusting. If they respond with a similar movement, they're looking. Little by little do it more and see how they react. If they start getting hard, you know they're willing.

I've never played at a gym myself, but I've been cruised plenty of times and have seen other guys messing around (just oral and groping, never saw any anal). From what I can tell, the steam room (and area right in front of the steam room) is the unofficial play area, though that might not be the case everywhere.

Generally, guys wanting to just work out will only be in the locker room to change, and only be naked in order to shower. So if you cruise the locker room and showers, you're more likely to encounter a guy just there to work out, and therefore more likely to get reported to management. You can usually tell the guys just wanting to work out, because they seem to be in a hurry to get in and get out, with the guys looking for sex just kind of loitering.

Guys who want to play will usually hang out in the steam room, or right in front of it (however, some guys cruise the locker room, and go to the steam room to play). Whether in the steam room or the locker room, guys wanting to play will usually be hanging out naked, or wearing a towel but constantly adjusting it (really just doing it to expose themselves, though this isn't always obvious right off the bat), or sitting down with their cock in plain sight. Whether clothed, in a towel, or naked, if a guy touches his cock (other than adjusting himself after getting dressed), he is probably looking to play. And it's almost a sure thing, that anyone lingering around any area of the gym (even out in the workout area) is looking for sex.

Once you think you've found a guy who wants to play, either look at him and nod your head towards the steam room, or (without drawing attention from every other guy in the area), give your cock a quick rub/grope and see how he responds.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by bttmboy4daddy

• 1 year later...

Damn, I wish i had seen this thread when I had a gym membership a few years ago. am so dense, there were guys in the steamroom and hot tub I could have had fun with. But then I was in a relationship and probably wouldn't have anyway. Damn!

Guest GoodExercise

Strike up a little light conversation - not too much. Then mention that you really need a sauna (if it is a male-only sauna). Don't be shy.

You would be surprised at how many gyms have guys cruising. I don't think it really matters what type of gym it is. My opinion would be to look for the guys that are walking around the locker room a LOT! You will know the ones that are interested. Case in point: 1) There is a muscular blk dude that hangs out in the locker room that I go to. He walks around naked talking on his cell phone, 2) There is an older blk dude that hangs around the changing area (i.e where the guys are shaving and such). He makes a point of undressing in this area and puts his thick cock on the counter for all the "corporate types" to see. These are just a couple of examples of guys that are looking for cock-action! I say go for it, BUT be careful!