the flyin pubic want to know

pissnme

I have had a pa (7mm) for over 10 years. Have not had any problems with scanning at airports (including in the US). Went through one of the newer x-ray ones in Bangkok last September, the operators got me to go through it a second time, then used a hand held wand - I also have a plate in my shoulder which can be seen through the skin. Told the guy that I also had body piercings.. no problems. get the pa, it's the most erotic of piercings.

It all depends on the airport/country on where you intend to travel. The sensititivity is mightily different from airport-to- airport; and in the case of a place like London Heathrow it differs from terminal to terminal.

Anyways:

No need to remove the jewelry because TSA has policies in place for handling this.

Some agents may be unfamiliar with how to handle it, but you can direct them to the TSA website - URLS below. Print out the pages in question and bring them with you if you anticipate issues.

From TSA website: body piercings "... can set off an alarm during metal detector detector or advanced imaging technology screening," and, "passengers ... have the option to resolve the alarm through a visual inspection of the article in lieu of removing the item in question."

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/lubbock.shtm

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/index.shtm

From TSA website: "passengers ... have the option to resolve the alarm through a visual inspection of the article in lieu of removing the item in question."

Here Mr TSA guard, cop a look at this...... :D