Are Bottoms 'Less than Men'?

einathens

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matias47

Define masculine/manly. If part of the definition depends on the detail that a guy who happens to like cock up his ass is somehow less manly, then I'd say that's seriously flawed logic.

Is masculinity based on athleticism? In that case I'm fairly masculine. I was a two-time state wrestling champion and a state, regional and national judo champion at the black belt level. I also went on to get a black belt in ju jitsu and right now I'm studying Kung Fu.

Is masculinity based on work? Money? How people see you?I live up to my responsibilties, I'm a good friend and exceedingly good at my job.

Gee, and I like cock up my ass.

Edited by Matias47

• Administrators
Define masculine/manly.

Is masculinity based on athleticism?

To me "masculine" and "feminine" are opposites. "Masculine" is made up of the physical and social traits that are most of commonly found in men. "Feminine" is made up of the traits most often found in women. Most people fall somewhere other than the ends.

Big muscles = masculine

Deep voice = masculine

Extreme athleticism = masculine

Aggressiveness & assertiveness = masculine

A big dick = masculine

Knowing how to use your dick = masculine (regardless of dick size)

and so on...

So you can see where they say Hillary Clinton has a masculine energy to her - she's extremely assertive to the point of being aggressive. But the parts of her that are a behind-the-scenes consensus builder are feminine. It's not that power is masculine, but assertive/aggressive power is masculine.

I think in terms of bottoms & tops the reason why I think bottoms are usually less masculine is because they're getting fucked. The power exchange that fucking involves is often an aggressive top taking what he wants from a submissive bottom. The aggressiveness of the top makes him more masculine IMHO. Versatile guys who are playing around with fucking don't quite have the same power exchange energy going on.

I have been following this thread since the beginning and frankly I am not sure how my opinion will be received. I am sure I will see some differences of opinion judging by the responses already.

I was pretty young when I realized I was gay. Never have been with a woman and don’t intend to start. Also very young I realized I enjoyed being fucked much more than doing the fucking. Around the age of 16 or so I stopped topping all together. I knew back then that I wanted the cum of others. Not sure how I mentally progressed to being a total bottom. Mainly because it was not something I really thought about. I experienced from that age the wonderful feeling of a superior man. This transformed me into seeking tops that were controlling and physically superior. This was not really all that easy as I wrestled throughout high school and was in pretty good shape and I was proud of my development. This left me seeking older and bigger Tops than myself. I needed to feel inferior to their superiority. Time has changed that in ways.

Reading this thread has really made me look at myself and the Tops I choose. It’s not many threads on here that really cause that. I think it made me examine the question for what it is. My answer is yes I am less manly than the Tops the fuck me and spew the seed in me. Some are bigger than me some smaller but size is not the issue and isn’t necessarily attitude either.

I seek Tops that I feel would make good breeding partners. Someone who is manlier than me. I need their cum/seed. If I can’t find what I am looking for I get nervous and jittery. I know I need what these Tops have. Pausing to look at that statement is that manly? I think not! I know I need a MAN to fuck, seed and breed me. I am not feminine but do feel less manly knowing that I can only get what I need from a MAN.

I cannot completely explain this but its a need. I have to fill it or be filled for it to go away. I have thought of ways to look at this differently. Each time I come back to the same thoughts I need the seed to feel complete.

I know I am a total submissive bottom and I think this is driven by that need. I feel that need makes me less manly. Wouldn’t you agree? Are these the actions or thoughts you manly MEN have? I know I need to carry around the seed of another man to feel whole or complete. To feel a MAN using me for his pleasure and me using my whole to please him. The reward being that he leaves part of him with me.

What I do for a living (law enforcement) is by all means manly. I work on cars and motorcycles as a hobby. I ride motorcycles and race on a sponsored team. These are all manly things but I still feel less manly knowing that for the right MAN I word shed my clothes and grab my ankles to get the seed of another man.

I feel RawTop, Matias47 and all the others have valid points but, every person/situation is different.

• Administrators
I cannot completely explain this but its a need. I have to fill it or be filled for it to go away. I have thought of ways to look at this differently. Each time I come back to the same thoughts I need the seed to feel complete.

I know I am a total submissive bottom and I think this is driven by that need. I feel that need makes me less manly. Wouldn’t you agree? Are these the actions or thoughts you manly MEN have? I know I need to carry around the seed of another man to feel whole or complete. To feel a MAN using me for his pleasure and me using my whole to please him. The reward being that he leaves part of him with me.

What I do for a living (law enforcement) is by all means manly. I work on cars and motorcycles as a hobby. I ride motorcycles and race on a sponsored team. These are all manly things but I still feel less manly knowing that for the right MAN I word shed my clothes and grab my ankles to get the seed of another man.

I feel RawTop, Matias47 and all the others have valid points but, every person/situation is different.

Actually, that's exactly what I was trying to get across... It's more manly to be the aggressor, the breeder. Less manly to crave the load.

But you remind me of phrase I heard a long time ago - "Butch in the streets, fem in the sheets". You've got a manly/butch lifestyle, but deep down you crave the seed of real men...

Bottom line - it's a complicated subject - sort of a shades of gray sorta situation.

I associate topping with dominance and masculinity and bottoming with submissiveness not necessarily femininity but def less masculine than topping. I am bi and mostly fuck women. I get my masculine dominant topping done with them, so with men I'm mostly a bottom and prefer fit muscled men with huge dicks. Thats just what turns me on enough to want to suck and get fucked. I'm not a submissive bottom by nature but I can if my top(s) want me to be.

Same thing with cum. I have an intense desire to get my dick in raw and bust my load into whoever I'm fucking. and as a bottom with men, I do find it difficult to resist the feeling of my top(s) sliding in me raw and... well u know the rest

Edited by filled-by-you

LESS of a man?? Really?? So the guy who hits the gym and bench presses 3 x his weight is considered more manly than the guy who can barely lift 100 lbs. On that level of thinking then, I am MORE manly than most tops- I have a 31 inch long dildo that I am mastering to its full length. I can take a fist up my ass without screeching and running. Hell, I know some tops who freak the moment so much as a finger touches their ass hole. With my height, I have to really work to make my hole as low as a tops cock-and hold it at that angle for as long as it takes for the top to get off-- a physical feat some days comparable to a circus performer or a contortionist. So don't short sell me for taking cock- it takes much more of a man to train and work his body out to accept a good hard fucking - orally and anally!

nearly always on top,but the bottom Im fucking is with me BECAUSE he is a man, a man with a COCK.

Nothing less then a man

tired of tops who act like they dont like COCK the postion you CHOOSE to take does not make you more or less of a man

two MEN together or 3 or 10 we are all MEN nothing less than.it takes a hell of a MAN to take 5 or 6 cocks or a fist or a 15" dildo up his fuckhole a whole lotta man

• 8 months later...

In bed with dominant men I become this femme side of myself and am subservient to the point of complete nasty whore "do me anywhere" slutty bitch. If I have something I don't want to do I'm clear from the beginning with the dom top, and during the course of things if I want to stop something or stop altogether I will become assertive, politely. If I have to throw down with a top who thinks he can degrade me outside the boundries of our fuck session I have no problem with it. I don't care if his cock is a foot longer and I'm facing off in lace panties, I have no shame towards the femme part of my personality, it is not a made up role, it is real it is me. Let's see what you've got big stud!

Yes of course it is less masculine to submit one's ass to another man, but that doesn't make us less of a man. It takes a hell of a man to take the cock of another man. It is really a primal thing. I know if I had lived in prehistoric times I would have partnered up to the strongest man in the tribe, become his sexual outlet and this would have insured my survival by having the protection of a stronger man. It doesn't lessen me to acknowledge another man's superiority. And that can mean sexually, physically, financially, or any other filter. It's more Yin and Yang to me. Tops need bottoms, and bottoms need tops. Just glad to have and know my place in it all. It's hot.

Actually, that's exactly what I was trying to get across... It's more manly to be the aggressor, the breeder. Less manly to crave the load.

But you remind me of phrase I heard a long time ago - "Butch in the streets, fem in the sheets". You've got a manly/butch lifestyle, but deep down you crave the seed of real men...

Bottom line - it's a complicated subject - sort of a shades of gray sorta situation.

I've never bought into the butch/femme, who's more masculine than who thing, any more than I've seen breeding as the be all and end all of sex. When I had a playroom I was more into torture than anything else. Yeah, penetration might come into it, it might not. I don't think there's anything I've done to someone that hasn't been done to me. Who's top and who's bottom might be decided beforehand, it might be decided when play starts (the one thing I hate is being bottom and having to turn it round "for fuck's sake this is how you do it").

It takes a man to fuck a man, whatever they're doing...