Out and barebacking?

fuckboy20

If I have a hook-up profile, it says I prefer bareback. I don't demand to go condomless, though. I find that usually, a guy who writes me wants it bare, even if he initially asks about a condom. There have been some very satisfying cases where a guy who wanted to play with a rubber has gotten very turned on by the idea of raw sex and has dispensed with it himself, either in the first session or as part of a second.

I mention on hookup sites that I'm into bareback, very clearly and not just vaguely alluding to it like some guys seem to do on their profiles. I'll let a guy fuck me with a condom if I find him very attractive and that's what he wants, but that has only happened once.

Despite living in a city that's not amazing for gay sex, I don't have a problem finding partners when I want them. I guess it's related to who I'm into, bottoms seem to outnumber tops in general, but young bottoms who are into fat hairy older tops certainly don't seem to outnumber them in my experience.

• 3 months later...

im on a few non BB sites and either leave it blank, or in a4a "anything goes"> i used to state safe sex only like others have brought up. i changed em cuz im a barebacker and dont wanna waste time. and im finding as time goes on that i dont feel like i fit in on the safe sites...different crowd there.

Ive gotten a few lectures when i changed em, and im not as well recieved, some guys just kinda freak about BB too.

i dont think BB is a high a percentage as we guys think>

I am curious how many people are actually out and open about barebacking. I'm not going to assume everyone is gay but for starters coming out for some about being gay can be rather difficult. Now that you are in a community or group of people who are like you, when you realize you bareback not everyone takes kindly to it. If you add leather to the mix that makes things even more complicated.

For example do you post on non bareback hook up sites that you bareback. I've seen some say barebacking in their profile and some not say anything about it. And when you go to a bar if someone wants to hook up with you or you want to hook up with them do you admit to barebacking first or ask if they are into it or do you just let it happen naturally once it comes to fucking.

Do your friends or family (well..family doesn't really need to know) but do your friends know you are into barebacking or is that something that you keep secret. Same goes if you have a partner or etc.

I have only barebacked with one person from the bar but I thought afterwards, "What if this guy tells everyone here that I like to get barebacked". I thought about that. Especially in cities or small towns things spread fast and others know. It's not necessarily a bad thing depending on your view but it's bound to happen.

So as for me none of my friends or people close to me know about me barebacking. When I hook up with a guy (unless it's from bbrt) I don't mention it I just hope it will happen naturally. And on my other profiles I don't mention it. But when I post craigslist ads I don't mention bb either but don't say "safe" or "condoms". Since people on here are different ages and have different views I am just curious as to how open they are about barebacking. I wish I could be more open about it :)

I am 30 years old and I have been BBing since I was 16 but exclusively since the age of 20. At the age of 20, I made a full decision to embrace BB and ever since then, I have actively practiced it. I have not used rubber since then. I have passed up a lot of guys because they do not BB. If a guy wants to fuck with me but doesn't want to BB, I pass.

About 3yrs ago, I started to open up about my BB lifestyle. With friends I have close relationship with, they know I BB. Most of my friends have no issue with it and even a couple admit that they BB once in while with hook ups.

My manhunt and adam4adam profile CLEARLY state that I ONLY BB, NO EXCEPTIONS. I rather be upfront than tip toe around the subject. Surprisingly, I have a lot of guys hitting me up.

One thing I lament about is the lack of BB voice out there in the gay community. We have many sub groups: Bears, Leather, Muscle, Twinks etc etc but BB is a lifestyle choice but we do not have a vocal voice/representation. This annoys me as I believe there are A LOT of gay men who ACTIVELY BB but far too many are in the closet about it. I recognize the topic is taboo but I think it is time we start building a voice.

I myself call myself a BB advocate. Not only do I practice the lifestyle but I am relatively open about it where appropriate. If I am asked about it, I speak about it. The biggest way I came out was in college, I did an interview for a now out of print online magazine and spoke freely about my BB lifestyle and used my real name.

I am in no way shy about my BB lifestyle and I am not ashamed, embarassed, or scared of what others will think. My biggest wish is not only that the BB lifestyle will begin to have a voice in the gay community but also the image will change. I am very tired of the image that those who BB are tweakers/drug addicts/meth heads and therefore unable to know what they are doing. I am not a drug user and have a disdain for it and my choice to BB was done of sound mind, knowing full well the risks. I am a pretty normal guy, with normal job, no drugs, normal life. I didn't have some traumatizing experience that turned me on to BB. I didn't have some messed up childhood, it was rather normal one.

Edited by AgentColby

I live in a small community and more or less all gays in the whole county know each other, or at least know of each other, so I couldn't be open about bb. Then everybody would be telling to stay away from me sexually. So therefore I'm a member of several international bb web sites. On gayromeo I've set the status to be "discussed", because as I say I can always discuss it, but the answer is gonna be no condom anyway. Many of my friends are on gayromeo. On gaydar I "live" in London, so they won't find my profile, so there it says never.

On the Norwegian site where I'm a member they refuse open acceptance of bb, so it doesn't say anything what I prefer. But I have two profiles on there, one that all my friends know, and a secret one on which I have no face pics, and the only profile text is a fuck smiley and the two letters bb behind. Barebackers understand what it means, most others don't. And we also started a group on there that is called "Barebacking on dvd", because the owners accept a group that posts bb videos and discussion about bb as long as we don't invite to bb sex. But we can see who are members of the group and send each other private messages. And sometimes some members take a chance and post an invitation in the group, and let it stay until moderator decides "Ok, I better remove it now, it's been on there long enough" LOL

Guest BBSeroMan

I'm not on any vanilla sites and I include Adam4Adam and MHunt in those categories just to name a few. I TOP only and I'm a TOTAL FUCKING PIG. So my prof. ALWAYS says the shit I'm known for. POZ. NO MEDS. and GIFTING. Those are the things I built my filthy reputation on.

I don't mention it on other profiles, if there is a safe sex question I select 'usually' or 'when applicable'.

Most guys I've met end up fucking me raw anyway with no questions asked, even the ones with 'safe only' in their profiles.

One thing I lament about is the lack of BB voice out there in the gay community. We have many sub groups: Bears, Leather, Muscle, Twinks etc etc but BB is a lifestyle choice but we do not have a vocal voice/representation. This annoys me as I believe there are A LOT of gay men who ACTIVELY BB but far too many are in the closet about it. I recognize the topic is taboo but I think it is time we start building a voice.

I myself call myself a BB advocate. Not only do I practice the lifestyle but I am relatively open about it where appropriate. If I am asked about it, I speak about it. The biggest way I came out was in college, I did an interview for a now out of print online magazine and spoke freely about my BB lifestyle and used my real name.

I am in no way shy about my BB lifestyle and I am not ashamed, embarassed, or scared of what others will think. My biggest wish is not only that the BB lifestyle will begin to have a voice in the gay community but also the image will change. I am very tired of the image that those who BB are tweakers/drug addicts/meth heads and therefore unable to know what they are doing. I am not a drug user and have a disdain for it and my choice to BB was done of sound mind, knowing full well the risks. I am a pretty normal guy, with normal job, no drugs, normal life. I didn't have some traumatizing experience that turned me on to BB. I didn't have some messed up childhood, it was rather normal one.

I don't really see the point of having a "voice" in the gay community. Barebacking is risky behavior with potentially life-changing consequences. If you choose to do it, you either accept the risks, or are delusional. If you belong to the former, great, you are an adult and live your life as you choose. If you are among the latter, you should be educated, not further confounded by people telling you it's "ok to BB". I don't think the current image is so much that BBers are drug users so much as that they are irresponsible. The fact is, that image is true. It's a vice we choose to partake in much like drinking, smoking, doing drugs, etc ... and adding in the whole spreading disease bit. It feels good, but it is bad. For those of us that BB, the feeling good obviously outweighs moral and personal health concerns.