Need to find recently tested raw TOPS that are negative

not_sure_bb

been getting safely fucked for years, swallowed a few married guys but really want to take a load or loads safely as possible in my ass. Dont ever want to get pozzed, want to remain neg. Any neg raw TOPS in pittsburgh or ohio that have been recently tested negative ?

finding recently tested guys i can trust is going to be the hard part.

I don't mean to throw cold water on your fantasy, but if you're chasing raw dick, then whatever level of "safety" you think you have is entirely imaginary. Yes, you can ask if a guy has recently tested negative, but he may have been infected after, or even shortly before, getting tested. He also may be lying or fake a negative test result. If you're on this site, then you know that a neg btm taking every precaution but still going after bb tops is a prime target for stealth pozzers.

I wish you luck, but don't fool yourself into thinking that what you are doing is in any way safe.

• Like 1

What dougr650 said... All a negative test result says is that at <time> on <date>, no antibodies to HIV were found in the client's blood sample. You can prove a positive, but you can't prove a negative, for which reason I divide men into the categories of "positive" and "unknown".

Well....I would not say its impossible, but something that requres some thought and planning.

I agree with others here that if you want to bottom raw, it has inherent risk. It can be hard to find where your balance is between your desire to bareback and your fear of HIV. You obviously find bareback sex attractive and interesting, since you are hear. Is it interesting enough though to take a risk? Can you mitigate enough of the risk to be comfortable?

So how to mitiage is theh question....

These are just suggestions...don't take it from me that these are risks you would be comfortable with, and though they may help you to lower risk, still are not foolproof...

- PrEP - Pre-exposure use of Truvada - The FDA is recognizing that this can be highly effective to prevent HIV transmission - if you're willing to start taking HIV meds without having HIV, and if you can either get into a study or find a doctor who will prescribe them, as it is still technically off-label, even though the have been proven to be effective

-Only get fucked by poz/undetectble guys. It may sound counter intuitive to only get fucked by poz guys rather than neg guys...but it may be safer. A guy who knows he is poz and undetectable has a lower viral load than one who thinks he is neg, but really has a high viral load if he is newly poz and doesn't know it. \]

-develop a closed circle of guys who are tested to be verified negative, and then only fuck in that circle - you just have to trust that everyone in the circle is only fucking within the circle

-Find a monogamous neg boyfirend. and hope he doesn't fuck with others and become poz...

Go with guys who are negative, and say that they only top....less chance that they become poz if they don't bottom

So again, nothing is foolproof. The PrEP idea is the one where you would be in the most control, as you'd be relying on yourself to take your meds every day, rather than relying on the info that others tell you is true.

Hope that helps give you some ideas

Well....I would not say its impossible, but something that requres some thought and planning.

I agree with others here that if you want to bottom raw, it has inherent risk. It can be hard to find where your balance is between your desire to bareback and your fear of HIV. You obviously find bareback sex attractive and interesting, since you are hear. Is it interesting enough though to take a risk? Can you mitigate enough of the risk to be comfortable?

So how to mitiage is theh question....

These are just suggestions...don't take it from me that these are risks you would be comfortable with, and though they may help you to lower risk, still are not foolproof...

- PrEP - Pre-exposure use of Truvada - The FDA is recognizing that this can be highly effective to prevent HIV transmission - if you're willing to start taking HIV meds without having HIV, and if you can either get into a study or find a doctor who will prescribe them, as it is still technically off-label, even though the have been proven to be effective

-Only get fucked by poz/undetectble guys. It may sound counter intuitive to only get fucked by poz guys rather than neg guys...but it may be safer. A guy who knows he is poz and undetectable has a lower viral load than one who thinks he is neg, but really has a high viral load if he is newly poz and doesn't know it. \]

-develop a closed circle of guys who are tested to be verified negative, and then only fuck in that circle - you just have to trust that everyone in the circle is only fucking within the circle

-Find a monogamous neg boyfirend. and hope he doesn't fuck with others and become poz...

Go with guys who are negative, and say that they only top....less chance that they become poz if they don't bottom

So again, nothing is foolproof. The PrEP idea is the one where you would be in the most control, as you'd be relying on yourself to take your meds every day, rather than relying on the info that others tell you is true.

Hope that helps give you some ideas

Best advice ever. Really the safest option is not to take part in BB sex. Having a partner and being monogamous is idea especially if you get tested but the real test is if either of you will stay faithful to one another. And faithful with condoms but with all the stealthers out there condoms aren't as safe as some like to think.

I have heard of that prep thing before. It does sound like a good idea.

I have actually really started to wonder about poz/undetectable. I have only been getting plowed by men who "say" they are neg but recently got fucked by an undetectable top and opened my eyes a bit. Regardless of how you bareback if you bareback with multiple guys you are most likely "eventually" going to become poz. Men lie. People lie. But here is another thing.

If you were an evil twisted BB poz top couldn't you just tell the bottom, "Oh yeah, I'm on meds and undetectable" but really have a high viral load over nine THOUSAND!!! Just as a poz or someone who doesn't know can say, "Oh yeah I'm neg" and be lying. Same as someone who is undectable. On the flip side I've noticed that "some" poz guys who are undetectable or not seem to be more honest then neg guys.

I don't know what it's like to have HIV+ because I am neg (right now and hope to stay that way) but I don't think it's the all in one killer it was back when it first came around. What the older gay generation experienced is something no one should ever have to experience. That being said some people live to be really old and have happy lives and are poz. Yes we sometimes see the shrinkage of weight and some noticeable poz features but I don't believe everyone goes through that. I don't think anyone really wants to be poz but I think it's probably at the point where it is possible to be poz and live happy and maybe even happier then someone who is neg. But I don't know that.

The point is though it is easy to believe, "oh if I only play with neg guys I'll stay neg and can have tons of sexy bareback sex". But that's not reality. It's just a convenient excuse and lie to justify taking raw loads. I am a bit indecisive again right now but I don't always want to be afraid of life and death and possibly dying earlier or maybe having some of my youth taken by being poz. But at the same time I want the freedom of youth and bareback sex. Unfortunately there is always cause and effect.

Just out of curiosity? How many people actually know or have done the PREP thing. It sounds like a lot of hassle and money (not everyone can afford health insurance of have good insurance). That doesn't sound like something many people do. Like suck cock with condoms. I have only had "ONE PERSON' ever put a condom on my cock and suck it. And I've damn NEVER sucked a cock with rubber on it...well unless I am relubing the top or getting him hard or helping him get excited again. But that was when I played safe-er

Correction - As of July 16th, Truvada for PrEP is FDA-approved and is no longer an off-label use.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm312210.htm

• Administrators

PrEP has been discussed on this site before. I'll just reiterate that IMHO, PrEP is usually a really bad idea. I mean, when are you going to stop taking PrEP? You won't stop barebacking. So you're going to have a lifetime of medications with who knows what side effects all to avoid a lifetime of medications... I don't get it. There are cases where it makes sense (e.g. sex workers), but for the average guy on here I don't get it...

PrEP has been discussed on this site before. I'll just reiterate that IMHO, PrEP is usually a really bad idea. I mean, when are you going to stop taking PrEP? You won't stop barebacking. So you're going to have a lifetime of medications with who knows what side effects all to avoid a lifetime of medications... I don't get it. There are cases where it makes sense (e.g. sex workers), but for the average guy on here I don't get it...

That makes sense there is no point in taking meds to prevent having to take meds. I don't want to be poz but my actions and risks are more likely to cause it to happen. I am slowly accepting the risks and moving on and enjoying life.

I read through the information on the FDA site and talked to the clinical director of the local STD clinic about it. A few things I was surprised to learn:

*PrEP is not the full set of drugs that would be used to treat HIV. It's two particular medications that are often used in combination for HIV-positive patients. For an HIV-positive patient, however, a third drug would be added. So one takes less drugs for PrEP than if one had HIV, and PrEP is not a substitute for HIV treatment.

*The medications were chosen particularly for their low potential to create resistant strains. None of the patients who were HIV-negative at the beginning of the study and got infected with HIV developed medication-resistant strains.

*The side effects are a lot less severe for PrEP than with PEP drugs.

*The side effects in general turned out to be a lot less than I expected - the only really significant one was nausea in 9% of the PrEP group, 5% in the placebo group, but with the rate falling to the placebo group. And some people had elevated levels of creatine in their kidneys, but it didn't cause any problems for them.

*It was far more effective than I had expected when I first heard of the studies - with risk falling by as much as 70% for those who took their pills every day. (they both had patients self-report and also measured blood levels of the medication regularly).

I'd encourage people who are interested to follow some of the links from the FDA page ( http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm312210.htm ) and read some of the studies. I know I was quite skeptical when I originally heard they were doing the study, but my opinions on it have changed after seeing some of the more recent data and talking to people here in SF about it.

• 2 months later...

i dunno about the rest of you brothers, but im going to have the conversation when i next go in for the test. I would think that anything that may reduce/eliminate risk is worth it. Not everyone is a chaser here. As a bareback top i know there is less risk as i have been told..but i would like to reduce the risk much more w meds if possible...what are your thoughts? and how much does the meds actually reduce transmission ?