God please forgive me for being gay

vrsbbltn

A few months ago I chatted with a man at a cruising site. He told me that he is Catholic, and that although he barely goes to church, he does believe in God.

I said to him that I don't believe in any religion on earth, that it's hard for me to believe so much nonsense, so many contradictions, so much fantasy, so many ironies, so much cruelty, so much misery, segregation, etc.

I said that I am not an atheist. I am more of an agnostic. It's probable that some sort of supreme power/energy created all of this, including ourselves, but no human knows the truth, no one can say God is this, he likes this and doesn't like this. "The Bible" is a fable book, I don't see much difference between it and a book about Greek God's tales. I feel religions were created as a means of controlling people, to make people afraid and submissive, and uneducated. Those were more easy to be brainwashed, use them as slaves, send them to wars, exploit them in all sort of ways.

Then he told me a couple of things, and the most striking one was that sometimes when he prays before going to bed he asks God to forgive him for being gay. I asked him if he is convinced he is gay or if he is confused. He told me he is gay, was born gay and has always been aware of it. Then I asked him why he needs to ask God to forgive him, why would God be angry if he created him like that. He said that he does so to show humbleness, just in case, because his religion says God doesn't like homosexuality.

I respect all religions even though I don't believe in any. I believe in some sort of supreme power, but not in religions created/invented by mankind. I wonder if it is common to be religious and traumatized for being gay. Religious homophobes don't know what this is about, they believe being gay is an option we choose, not something we are born with, so their anti-gay speech is kinda understood. But why a gay who is sure was born gay feels he is making God angry? I wish I could understand.

I have never been able to understand it either. I used to have a shirt that said "because God doesn't make junk". If God created you and you know you are gay, then why would he condem you. This is because a lot of closeted gay guys picked what they wanted in the bible. Religion is a man made concept. That's why it's so fucked up. I also think there is a force out there, but it's not the God a bunch of fucked up idiots created.

• 3 weeks later...

I myself am Catholic - one of those Eastern-rite kinds: the RCs can't figure us out, the Eastern Orthodox tend to regard us as traitors and the Protestants mostly don't even know we exist. I've never been exposed in church to that RC b.s. that sex & orgasms are somehow bad. We even have lotsa married priests. Way I see it, G-d don't give a hoot about me being gay. I think He made me gay so how in tarnation could He hold it against me? A few Sundays ago during the service we heard the Gospel story about the Last Judgement (called the "Strastniy Sud'") in Ukrainian: the terrifying judgement. If you read it you'll see that none of the goats (the people condemned to hell) were condemned because they engaged in gay sex. Rather, their condemnation was due to their indifference and hardness of heart toward people in dire, desperate situations and need. Check it out: Matthew 25: 31-46. And that's what I'll be judged on, not on whether I sucked cock or fucked ass.

Just my 2 cents.

God, El, Jehova, Alah, Ra, Kronos, and so many other names, all for the same idea.This is such an important thread, should you believe what you've been indoctrinated to believe , or find your own path with your supreme being. Never be sorry for who you are, you didn't get that choice, your choices are how you treat others, and what you do with the gifts you are born with. If you ask forgiveness be it for misuse of your gifts, or wrongs against your fellow man.

• 11 months later...