herpes outbreak- dealing with itching, burning, pain

So, I guess I was wrong... it turned out to be a herpes outbreak. And the sores are itching, burning, and painful anytime I walk, sit, etc. But I have do an awful lot of both during my day, unless I stay at home in bed, and it's the second to the last week of the school semester...

I tried various types of creams on the sores, but the creams burn even worse than the herpes - i tried diaper rash cream, antifungal cream, antibiotic cream, hemmorhoid cream, steroid cream ... all of them felt kind of like putting bengay on your balls ... just this deep deep stinging and burning.

And the sores ... itch all night. I barely slept, was up almost every hour to walk around just to take pressure off of them. I got up at 5:30am, and then went to work over an hour early just because I was so restless and couldn't stop moving. And they itched and itched, and then kind of calmed down from standing up all day at work, but the moment I got off work and sat on the subway they starting hurting again... and now it just fucking hurts.

I guess i always thought hsv2 wouldn't be that bad, cuz i've had hsv1 for years at i mean, its unsightly and tingles and itches ... but this has been hell - slight fever, headaches so painful i had to page my doctor for advice, stomaches so bad i felt like i was gonna throw up, muscles so tight i had to take 4 showers per night ... and now the itching, pain, and burning.

I mean, I know this is the invariable consequence of casual barebacking, but I sooooo wasn't prepared for it. Especially not at the end of a school semester.

Fuck, what do I do? How do I get these damn things to heal? How do I get to te point where I'll even touch something that touched my ass, let alone touch my own ass again? Will my libido ever recover from this?

I'm scared, confused, worried... The current guy I'm dating is pissed and won't talk to me about it ... I sat in the corner of my favorite coffee shop crying for an hour last night.

Help...?

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes isn't too bad on herpes (you only need read the Treatment section) - what it says certainly accords with my experience (an outbreak that lasted long enough to give me an aids diagnosis in the early nineties). I never tried the topical anaesthetics, but give them a go. You should be on one of the antivirals mentioned in the Wiki article. If you can't get a prescription today/tomorrow, over-the-counter cold-sore cream which contains acyclovir should give some relief.

There's not much I can add: you're already developing techniques to take the pressure off (literally and figuratively). You have all my sympathy. Just focus on the fact that it will stop and the next week or so is a time you just have to get through. Before long it'll be just a horrible memory - and, yes, your libido will come back ;-) just take it easy to start with...

I'm on both herbal (licorice root) and western (acycolvir) antivirals. i'm also on painkillers for the pain. and claritin for the itching. and flexeril for the muscle tension, and meloxicam for the inflammation. and famotidine for the stomachaches (they literally put me on 7 new prescriptions), and an antibiotic to keep the open sores from becoming infected.

I more just need some way to keep the sores from rubbing up against each other and my body and my underwear and my pants. LIke, they get more and more aggravated and inflammed anytime I sit down or anytime I walk or anytime I shit ... and like, I gotta do all three to live, ya know? :-)

So, yeah, I'm on all the right meds and taking the right herbs and such. Taking a multivitamin and some fiber too and even some vitamin c for good measure. So still ... what do I do about these fuckin sores that are driving me craaaaazy?

Guest JizzDumpWI

Don't put the creams on you are using. For now try abreva. The get to a clinic and get on something like acyclovri.

Man I really feel for you. Wait til you experience the treatment for anal warts. It is amazing the shit we go thru for the indescribable thrill of getting fucked and bred by the men we lust after and want again. And the bizarre thing is, yes your libido will return, and you will be ass up, face down, taking loads again and fulfilling your deepest instinctual urges. And satisfying the men who use you. The circle of life kind of thing. Ain't life grand. In the end, yes it is worth it. Hang in there my friend.

@jizzdumpwi. I'm already on acyclovir as well as an herbal antiviral...

What I'm more asking is how to walk, sit at a computer, etc...without the sores rubbing against each other and spitting fluid down my legs and soaking my underwear. Like, how are they gonna heal if I keep doing that...but I got stuff I gotta do, can't lie on my side in bed all day...and even then I still got to turn over...

Guest JizzDumpWI

kinkygradstudent. When I have persistent outbreaks, I up my dose from my regular 400mg maintenance dose 3x daily to 800mg 3x daily. That usually brings down the pain and oozing quickly.

I've been meaning to post for sometime and no time better than the current. As a former pnp tina pig slut cum dump lol.. in recovery going on 5 months now. I have hsv2 as well. The Acyclovir will clear it up in a day to day in a half. The itching could also be from HPV. I also have HPV along with AIN, which was caused by the HPV. I'm actually going back to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester tomorrow to meet with the surgeon and have a surgery on Friday which will be my second one since November. My advice just go to the doctor and get medicine if you have insurance. Also have them do an Anal pap smear, It's better to just be honest and up front with your provider.

I've done a couple out patient programs over the years. I know my triggers, I know my cycle, I know all that shit. I don't need some CMA or NA group where I know the guys afterwards are going to wanna fuck and more than likely . I work the me program. It's the program where I know if I keep going on 4-5-6 day binges I'll be dead. Towards the end hear I use buying LARGER quantities and just sharing and wasting my money. Don't get me wrong I've had ALOT of AMAZING sex. But at the end of the day I Know the hell I've put my family, and friends through, let alone myself

I've done a couple out patient programs over the years. I know my triggers, I know my cycle, I know all that shit. I don't need some CMA or NA group where I know the guys afterwards are going to wanna fuck and more than likely . I work the me program. It's the program where I know if I keep going on 4-5-6 day binges I'll be dead. Towards the end hear I use buying LARGER quantities and just sharing and wasting my money. Don't get me wrong I've had ALOT of AMAZING sex. But at the end of the day I Know the hell I've put my family, and friends through, let alone myself

I asked because I'm running some 12-step groups and a workshop about addiction in D/s relationships at our upcoming regional M/s conference, and wanted to see if you had any ideas for what I might incorporate into that.

And back on the original topic - so, I've been on acyclovir 800 mg 3x/day starting on Monday, and things are starting to feel a bit better after 5 days of this. The doctor said they should clear up within 10 days. I asked if he sees this condition a lot (he's a doctor at the local college's health center) and he said he sees a case of it almost daily - so this is something he's pretty familiar with. He said that he uses a much higher dose of acyclovir than most doctors, and has had much better results with that - but you don't really want to go above 2400 mg per day.

As for the irritating the sores thing, I found that vaseline was useful to keep the area moist without chafing. And I used baby powder --- not on the sores -- tried that, terrible idea! - but on the area sort of downwind from the sores that was getting wet from the fluid drippping from them and then starting to chafe. Lying on my side seemed to work better than sitting or on my butt. Standing on mass transit instead of sitting down was often helpful. And taking two days off work this week definitely helped as well.

Also, someone said that because of my hemmorhoids and sensitive ass, I'm more suspectible to STDs such as this -- so that if you have a particularly sensitive anal area - you might want to be more selective about who you sleep with and to be prepared for something like this to happen.

Guest JizzDumpWI

kinkygradstudent; glad to hear you're on the mend. First cycle of Acyclovir for me took longer than repeats. But at end my doc put me on 400mg 3x daily maintenance and that has done a pretty good job of preventing outbreaks. Occasionally, maybe once a year, I'll feel "the tickle" and do a 3 day double dose. I've been able to prevent full out oubreaks doing that.

You'll find your own pattern. But while you're doing that, next outbreak just get some gauze pads and tape and cover the sores. The pads will absorb the rather amazing amount of puss that can come out (which you described above). If you're out and about for a long day, some extra pads and tape will help. Something about absorbing all that fluid really helped me.

Make sure you DO NOT PICK at the sores. The itch that has or will yet settle in as this resolves may drive you nuts, but you have to resist or you will prolong the pain.

Best to you.