Bbikercub

Is bareback a fetish?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Is bareback a fetish?

• Absolutely a fetish
    • Sort of a fetish
    • Not a fetish

Guest JizzDumpWI

From my POV bare is how I've always had sex. But, I had to vote "kind of a fetish" since there is a whole culture around bareback sex (NKP, bbrt, BZ, et al). When I think of these sites I view them as ways to connect with like minded people rather than getting off at the notion of bb.

The definition of fetish I read a long time ago is, it's something a person needs to be able to reach orgasm. So for some ppl, bareback is probably a fetish, ie they can't have a climax in a condom. For other people it's a preference.

On the other hand, maybe it's not that barebacking is a fetish but condoms are an anti-fetish for some ppl, ie something with which a person is unable to climax. That would fit me. Poor willy just goes to sleep at the sight of a rubber.

Edited by Quirgle

OK, I've thought about this a little bit and perhaps need to modify my position somewhat.

There are a whole bunch of things associated with barebacking that might actually be the objects of a fetish. For instance, you might have a cum fetish, where you really get off on a top shooting inside you and then playing with it, or the top may really get off on feeling cum in the ass he's fucking. So in that case, the fetish isn't for the barebacking itself, but for the cum (and you could argue that TIM to a large degree has a cum fetish rather than a bareback fetish). For some guys, it might be an HIV fetish buried inside the barebacking fetish.

There's something else though that I think I've observed in myself. I get off on transgressive sex, on breaking sexual taboos. So when I first came out in a big way, I really got off on having sex with another man because that was something that was forbidden. And, coincidentally, around the time I first became really sexually active, there was a massive push to normalize sex with condoms and make bareback sex something wrong, taboo. So it became irresistible to me too. I think a lot of sexual fetishes I have relate to this...basically if you invert the socially acceptable version of sex (heterosexual, monogamous, only with someone you love deeply, etc.) you end up with a lot of the stuff that I really like about sex: gay, promiscuous, anonymous one night stands, etc.

Everything "they say" sex should be, I make it the opposite. And that includes barebacking vs. using rubbers.

So maybe there are layers and layers of fetishes here.

But, for myself at least, whenever I see a raw cock sliding into a guy's ass, I get really turned on, in a way that doesn't happen with condoms. So in my mind at least, there really is something special about barebacking.

Based on the poll results I'm in the minority here thinking that it is not a fetish.

Unloading in a dude's ass or down his throat is the way nature intended. How can that be considered a fetish? Stopping the flow of semen is unnatural.

Its my opinion that barebacking, itself, can be viewed either way, as a fetish or not. Most people see it as an act of natural sex, the way sex was always intended to be. But with the advent of HIV, and the use of condoms since then, many younger people are seeing the act of barebacking as a fetish and not the norm. To me, however, it is NOT a fetish, its just how things are supposed to be.

• 5 years later...
On 5/15/2013 at 8:23 AM, wood said:

. Most peoples mothers probably prefer it because it just feels so much better. I dont think many would say that a guy who is straight and prefers unprotected sex with woman to have a fetish.

While seroconversion and pregnancy are life-changing events, only one is an actual disease. There's a really big difference. 

On 5/19/2013 at 6:35 AM, SethChase said:

Based on the poll results I'm in the minority here thinking that it is not a fetish.

Unloading in a dude's ass or down his throat is the way nature intended. How can that be considered a fetish? Stopping the flow of semen is unnatural.

But this technically defies some shades of consent and is therefore transgressive. I think transgressive sexual turn-ons safely fall under the fetish category. 

It depends:

• If the idea of barebacking (and doing it) is the only thing that arouses you sexually, it's a fetish;
  • If it's just a strong preference, it's not a fetish - it's just a strong preference;
  • If you BB because - say - all types of condoms you have access to would make your dick (or ass lining etc) break out in a life threatening rash, it's a medical necessity;
  • If you don't like rubbers but could get up with them (or be fucked with them) and would prefer to masturbate, be abstinent, be oral or such it's not a fetish - you just don't like rubbers.

I'm sure there's more.

Edited by fuckyouraw777
Gah - I meant preference :)

Like many of the others here, I think barebacking could be viewed either way depending upon your point of view or experience. Myself, I started having bareback sex with Men before the AIDS scare hit. It's all I've ever known. And even during the 80's and the big scare...safe sex bullshit. If a guy I was hooking up with put on a condom, I'd give him the opportunity to remove it, or no ass. Most would take it off with a naughty smile on their face...and some refused. I'd walk out. All bareback, all the time!! 😍🍆☁️🤯