Biohazard branding

BC_Bottom

I know most of us here love the biohazard tattoos.

Has anyone considdered the possibility (Or pozability for that matter.) of creating a biohazard brand.

You know branding with a hot iron. Like they used to do with cattle.

I tried a quick google search, but I couldn't find any examples.

Thoughts?

for some reason I thought I saw a black stud with a bio brand - branding seems to be more popular with blacks - I think? not sure if its because ink doesnt show up as well on dark skin? I think its just a matter of time that branding soars in popularity -

• Moderators

Frat boys have been branding their frat letters into their skin for years now especially since tattoos have become so much more mainstream.

I haven't seen a biobrand though. Part of the issue is that the branding instrument has to be manufactured. I guess the demand isn't there yet.

If you've got a good drawing style, do a cigar brand. I admit it needs topping up every few weeks as it it heals but (eventually) becomes pretty much permanent. I had, for quite a while, my partner's initials branded on my chest. The only reason we stopped was that I was getting sick and therefore less able to tolerate the burns (my lack of endurance through illness, nothing intrinsically to do with being ill).

The branding instruments don't have to be manufactured. The most common technique used for people is...multiple strike branding. Search for that term and you'll find links to more info. There are some excellent practitioners in the US and Canada (don't know about the rest of the world).

While I completely understand the notion of having the biohazzard symbol is almost fetish like, I give the same amount of respect for the guy who wears a shirt that has the symbol on it and then a statement like "I gift anyone HIV, Proud of it." Until the symbol becomes more prominent and understood by most people in our country, I think we should display our pride in it in a way people can understand...

A buddy of mine wrote me yesterday and told me about this thread. I've made branding irons for scout troops, they use them on leather products. Several of the cowboys I ran around with when I was younger branded each other as a bonding experience. They aren't hard to make, I'll design one and post a pic.

A buddy of mine wrote me yesterday and told me about this thread. I've made branding irons for scout troops, they use them on leather products. Several of the cowboys I ran around with when I was younger branded each other as a bonding experience. They aren't hard to make, I'll design one and post a pic.

Can't wait to see it. When you find a volunteer to brand, make sure to video it and post it up somewhere.

ditto - cant wait to see this!

• 2 weeks later...