Hacking

HGJ123

• Administrators

Yes, after my host locked down the server the site was hacked yet again (via another method). Because the hacker messed with the database this time (and previously a few days ago - though I didn't notice it until now). I may need to restore from a backup which could result in data loss - meaning your recent posts will get wiped out. I'm not sure yet what we'll do to fix things. Fingers crossed.

• Administrators

After looking closely at the hacker's activity on the site I'm reasonably confident that we've found and repaired the damage. It could have been far worse. If I find other problems there's a chance I may need to do a rather drastic fix that would wipe out a bunch of posts. But for now that doesn't seem necessary.

If you're wondering the hacker last week was from Iraq. The one today was from Morocco.

Please keep an eye out for problems and PM me or email me if you see anything - rawtop@breedingzone.com

• Administrators
I'm being denied access to the groups at the moment. Best of luck to the staff!

A change was made the other day - people who are set up not to see chem sex or no bug chasing / gift giving can no longer get into groups since there's lots of that in there.

• Administrators
So, why would someone in Iraq or Morocco want to hack this site? Theories? Religious zealotry?

To bring down the immoral decadence of Western culture?

Thing is the attacks were rather benign. The first attack took major pages and linked them to something to sell. So that was about making money. This last attack was just a matter of saying "I can still fuck with you even though you think you locked down your server". Personally, if I were a hacker I'd cookie stuff the site or something that could make me money without the site owner knowing they'd been hacked.

So who knows what goes through the mind of a hacker. In a way I think they just like the attention. There's a "look at what I did" aspect to it.

I've tried messaging rawTOP but got a message saying that his inbox is full. I'll post the message here instead:

Hi RT,

I posted about my inability to access the groups in the "hacking" thread.

I didn't choose to "opt out" of the bug chasing/gifting/chems discussions/threads. Do I need to "opt in" and if I do need to opt in, how do I do that please?

I know from previous discussions with HLD, that I was put in a "special category" with some other members, because of my frequent participation in the chat room and my frequent forum posts in the early days ( not for any misbehaviour ).

Maybe it is that "special category" that is denying me access to groups after the switch over? I did NOT choose to opt out or have my site use filtered.

Regards, Belfast-Bottom

• Administrators
I didn't choose to "opt out" of the bug chasing/gifting/chems discussions/threads. Do I need to "opt in" and if I do need to opt in, how do I do that please?

I know from previous discussions with HLD, that I was put in a "special category" with some other members, because of my frequent participation in the chat room and my frequent forum posts in the early days ( not for any misbehaviour ).

The system is showing you in the "In Recovery" group. Not sure how or when that happened. You're back to being a regular user.

Hi RT, I went on here and was also confronted with these hacking's the first one that wanted me to put a code in well serfice to say i did not. The latest one after it happened I scanned my pc indepth for any infection and found a red alert message that something had been downloaded but my internet security had stopped it. Now, I can not say that it came from that hack but I would advise everyone to scan there pc with anti-virus and as always make sure ALL security is of good quality and updated regularly. I also after use do a quick scan just to check before I turn the pc off, its a good habit to get in to.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.