Spotting BB Guys on Hookup Apps

VersAlwaysLooking

I feel silly starting this topic because I feel like I should already know. Anyway, thought we could share the subtle things we pickup on in Grindr, Scruff, and Hornet profiles that indicate a guy like to play bare. For example, the little pink pig emoji is usually a pretty good sign. However, that's not as commonly used as it once was. (I suppose a lot of guys don't want their friends to know they're playing raw.) Then there is the little purple devilish emoji with the horns. Not sure what that one means. What else is out there?

• Upvote 1

The pig and devil emoji are good bets but even they aren't 100% accurate in identifying a bb'er. In the end anything that is broadly known enough to be readily recognized by a viewer runs the risk of exposing the author to both potential fucks as well as unaware friends - the profile app is in fact essentially public space.

I generally find profiles that are focused on hooking up or use words or phrases like "wild" or "up for anything" can top you off. Of course you could always send a pic of your cum sloppy hole in your opening message. That works pretty well in identifying interest as well. ;)

I use pisstopper's trick. First, when I'm really horny I'll state I'm looking for kinky sex, whatever key word is used in your area and language. Connoisseurs will know what you're talking about. Then, when they ask for pics, I'll send some of my ass being fucked bareback. From their answer you can tell what their opinion is about bb. If they get really scared, I'll back off and will say it was my ex I made those pics with. Then I'll try to make the convo fade out, cause I'm not interested. I know this is quite hypocrite, but I live in a small city, so I can't have people commenting to their friends "oh this is a barebacker, he must be poz sure!".

Bear in mind that some guys are not purposefully into bareback, so you can't get into the dirty talking with them, such as "I want your load deep in my ass". However, they'll confess being turned on by your bb pics, then you suggest you want his cock inside of you and then his cum, or some other shallow indication of bb sex. When you meet, they'll definitely breed you.

I am with Pisstopper and Kinky_hot on this one. Much like Kinky, I am in a small suburb out in Southern California and I also teach at a christian based medical school. The last thing I need is for some one who identifies me like some would, "can you believe it, he barebacks and teaches at an institution like that." It would definitely have a damaging effect on my career. So, I do the exact same thing Kinky does. I look and use key words, send a photo being topped raw and wait for their reaction. I have used the "oh, it's my ex and we got tested together" reply. Depending on their online demeanor then I will make my decisions accordingly. I also agree that they get turned on and will most likely give in to topping me. If that happens then they usually hit me up again and again. I have a small steady group of regulars. Like all, they come and go depending on their lives so I am constantly cultivating a new crop. LOL.

I look for the absence of phrases like 'safe only' and such. at least that's a starting point. i'll write 'I like what your profile doesn't say' and if they mention wild, kinky, uninhibited and so on I ask for their definition of the word.

I use the phrases 'raw neighbor with benefits' and 'recreational kink' on sites where the blurbs are censorable.

• 2 years later...

On Scruff they have a "sex preferences & safety practices" section. If they list "condoms" I tend to move on - even though I know that make just be optional... Since I live in a big city I'm pretty direct about just stating BB pretty much mandatory. Some guys are a solid "no", others are tentative but intrigued, and others woof and set a time to come over.

I use the pig emoji in my write up

i think the new way to identify them is when they put prep in their profile. until now everyone i have met that has that on its profiles fucks bare. we should also take an emoji to identify ourself as bare backers there is the toxic one but that is to obvious  and beside not all bare backers are poz which emoji should we use in grind and growl to identify ourselves